Air bag modules from 2001 Subarus

Do any of you guys know if the H6 Legacy was fitted with an EDR?? ( airbag module) I have a desperate need to know some answers and they are not going to tell me- my email is sneal@hvc.rr.com. any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

year?

2001?

If by air bag module means the module that controls the air bags then I would assume so. Most all air bag control modules do some form or crash data recording is that is what you are after?

yes Don and for obvious reasons, it seems that the NHSTA has guidlines for a min set of parameters the module has to record, 11 or 15 different things. Problem is getting the ffffing thing read? There are allsorts of algorithms in there that won’t make any sense to us without the solution.
Any computer dweebs on here who know about this stuff- it’s rather urgent!

The folks at Calspan across from the airport will have that info. I worked in Transportation Sciences for 6 years and on a crash data recording program with the NYS Police. We used custom sensors for that program but I know they worked with OEM modules on other programs. I will try to find you a contact you can speak to. Its been a while tho.

That’s a WONDERFUL thing and I’m starting to think that there may well be a whole bunch of crashed WRX’s also out there from about that time I’d say they are unexplained accidents unless you know what can happen when this thing goes wrong… If anyone else had a problem e-mail sneal@hvc.rr.com, thanks for your help. Andy