Allison Park People

hey im starting a new job on March 1st. And moving down close to there. Just wondering if there is anyone close (im sure there is) and also if there is any good local car hangouts when it gets nicer out

There are plenty of people around Route 8 from Pittspeed, and McKnight road is just a hop and a skip over where you’ll find plenty more.

we’re around, just wait until the weather breaks

ya i hear ya on the weather

hey whats the drive time to PRP from there?

I can make it from work in Glenshaw, to PRP in 45 minutes now that 22 construction is done.

You are a bit closer to the turnpike in Allison park, so I would say 35-45 minutes.

Not a bad area, I’m 6-ish miles away from Allison Park.

I live in Allison Park (the West side of it)…takes about 40 minutes to get to PRP. Really not bad since we’re so close to the turnpike.

cool not bad, that is about the same amount of time that its from Indiana

so when the weather breaks maybe we can get a convoy up to PRP

x2

We wouldn’t be to far, but it figures… we are moving Feb 13-14.

Good luck down there.

where ya movin to?

i think he said state college (better get a room for me because state college isi the bestest place in the state) i would say world but anywhere warmer is better.

whoa whoa whoa, there is no construction on 22 from pittsburgh to prp??

that is a first, and im pretty shocked… after going here a few times a year with my father, he has told me he has never been on 22 without construction in the passed (almost) 40 years he has been driving it

There was still some construction going on as of November…but it wasn’t until you got to New Alex…all the crap from Murrysville to and through Delmont seems to be completed!!!

Yep, the only perm construction on 22 is at New Alex, past the Sheetz, only need to deal with it for a mile to get to PRP…

Everything from the city to the Sheetz in New Alex is clear tho

Weeknight traffic still sucks on 22 though…when I said 40 minutes to PRP up above, I meant on a weekend. On a weeknight with rush hour traffic on 22 it takes over an hour for me.

Someone needs to build a track out this way.

oh man it takes me hours to get out to prp on a weeknight. easily 2 1/2 going out 22

After the construction finished, I was able to leave my office next to Romp N Roll in Glenshaw, at 3:45, and be at the Sheetz in New Alex by 4:45-5:00 at the latest… i donno?

Well, that’s an hour and fifteen minutes…about inline for what it takes me on a weeknight. That 15-30 minutes of stop and go is really irritating, especially when your getting close to the track and it’s really heatsoaking your engine.

Haha I am not worried about that, this is PRP, like they ever start on time, and like there wont be hours of cool down between runs :lol: