Almost have my custom suspension finished on my Saturn

These are the spring clamps he is referring to…they do work. However, you need to make sure you have enough clearance between the active coils.

http://diseno-art.com/news_content/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/spring-lowering-clamps.jpg

http://diseno-art.com/news_content/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/suspension-clamps.jpg
^ignore the text…part of the pic.

Seems like a waste of money just to try to make it look “cool” even though it won’t look cool. How old are you now? Save your money for college.

Fixed.

Hey listen man no need to be a jerk find another thread to look at… No need for your negativity

Coming from the guy with the worst performing and highest gas sucking fbody in his sig lol and it’s fugly

I have other cars lol i just wanted to mod my beater but i guess this forum is filled with older guys who dont like the whole stanced generation.

But hey again no need for the negativity i like my beater its unique and that means more to me then being new nd shiney or having 1000hp and going down. A track in 10 seconds. This car i a part of my imagination and sorry you and all the other ppl cant seam to help…

no love for fire chickens?

I love Fbodys I have had two

I just laugh when someone try’s to give sensible advice when they own the worst performing fbody ever lol

I didn’t like the 2nd gens when I was a kid but I’ve warmed up to them from an aesthetics standpoint.

I think in the end (and even though some of us are guilty of it) this thread comes down to the old maxim of “poor people shouldn’t mod cars”.

• Updated - - -

That’s no slight against you, j0hnalex. I did the same kind of shit when I was younger, most of us probably have. Do what you like.

I don’t own the car in my signature lol, although I used to have an 1980 TA, yes it was slow!!! So slow I got rid of it. Now I have something else from the 80’s that isn’t as lame! '85 Buick T-type, yes it has the grand national drivetrain, including the good 8.5" 10bolt. Its a project car for sure though! No its not fast as of yet but at least it has a turbo.

Also regarding my negativity, sorry to put you down regarding your personal choices and likes for cars. I mean the car is already lowered, you’re planning to make it unable to operate as a beater/DD? Does this vehicle getting driven in the winter? How will it be able to when you’re done?

JohnAlex, how old are you? I am sking because I truly care. When I was 16, my first car was a Saturn, handed down to me from my dad. '95 sl1, 5spd. I thought it was the cats pajama’s.I decked it out with neons and a siq Jensen deck. What I wouldn’t give to go back to that time in my life. Oh to be young and carefree.

When I was 16, my z26 beretta had coil clamps in the front and torched rear springs

…also had sweet army seat covers, 12v fog lights, 2 12" subs, and 5% tint. I had to fight the pussy off me

My lexus came with the coil clamps on all 4 corners…I could not rip them out quick enough. Why do people have such a hard time paying 2-300 for simple lowering springs??

I had a 1994 SC2 with a header/exhaust/2.5 drop :tup:

Saturn thread, oof lol. I had 7 or 8 of them mostly as winter cars/beaters with the exception of one. 95’ Sc2 that was formerly SDA’s supercharged one that ran low 12’s and it was my first “build” in HS, built motor, 75 shot and slicks, blah blah. What a waste of money.

if your that set on lowering your car just cut the perches off your shocks and weld a set of coilover sleeves to the shock bodies and call it a day!

cheap & safer then rigging your springs