Am I a moron if I do this *Finacial Guys Get in Here*

:snky:

Buy property first.
I am not going to list the 100+ reasons why.
This thread can be closed now.

[quote=“MXS,post:37,topic:31275"”]

he lives in texas now

[/quote]

Florida, Tampa to be exact, and he’s out of milk.

Thom, hold out for a white one, so I can buy it off you in 3-5. Wait, ill be in something stupid like a 993 or a 996 by then.

Elise’s are very fuel efficient, and maintaining it is cheap as well,

the dark silver ones are so hot

if car payment + insurance < 10% net take home

then you can afford it.

this seems to be closer to 20% of your net…find a less expensive elise

[quote=“MPD47,post:43,topic:31275"”]

Florida, Tampa to be exact, and he’s out of milk.

Thom, hold out for a white one, so I can buy it off you in 3-5. Wait, ill be in something stupid like a 993 or a 996 by then.

[/quote]

Actually I moved the Dallas two weeks ago :smiley:

Shit. Who’s fridge was I in then?

And I’ll be passing through texas in a couple weeks. Drinks.

You only live once.

X…

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:45,topic:31275"”]

if car payment + insurance < 10% net take home

then you can afford it.

this seems to be closer to 20% of your net…find a less expensive elise

[/quote]

Money wouldn’t be exchanged till september at the earliest, I was doing back research first. I really want white with black interior and hopefully I can find what I want on elisetalk by than.

It turns out to be 16% of net income to be exact.

[quote=“AFhockey31,post:36,topic:31275"”]

you shut your man pleaser… thats why you live in a slurpee cup… :smiley:

but in all seriousness, you have look into other things… matainence, tune ups, parts, hell even gas, cause youre not going to be able to put regular octane in there. thats not an easy car to maintain nor is going to be cheap by any means. plus think about insurance.

[/quote]

all that will be cheaper than my truck currently, 26+ gallons of premium a week ain’t cheap. Elise has a Toyota motor, read bullet proof, the only thing I would be concerned about is body damage. Plus insurance is going to be only slightly more than what I pay now as I am dropping my impala off of my policy and putting it in storage for a couple years to I get the space to work on it again.

its an awesome car, but i wouldnt purchase something like until i have EXCESS money in the bank, ALL bills paid and are established.

Edit: plus youd be spending 35K on a car that you can only drive a limited time of the year, and on nice days.

not saying i wouldnt do it, but theres a reason you only see rich people and older people drive those around all the time

All bills will be paid off my August, I have minimal monthly living expenses right now, I still don’t have cable/internet on my phone so total is $1100 a month.

But I will take a picture of me driving it on Christmas (If I do buy it) for everyone up north

[quote=“MPD47,post:47,topic:31275"”]

Shit. Who’s fridge was I in then?

And I’ll be passing through texas in a couple weeks. Drinks.

[/quote]

Give me a call, there is an awesome bar here called the gingerman, 70 mircrobrews including delirium… and cheap

I just did the math and I pay 16% of my take home after tax and 401K towards the evo every month… my payments are less then 16% - I pay more then the minimum.

and anybody who tells you to pay off students loans faster is stupid. federally subsidized student loans are the cheapest money you can ever borrow. they also carry special terms that allow you to stop paying if you lose your job etc. So you want to pay the min on student loans and pay more on other loans like a house or car.

the only reason you would ever pay off you student loans faster is because you have no other debt in your life at all.

[quote=“theblue,post:51,topic:31275"”]

the only reason you would ever pay off you student loans faster is because you have no other debt in your life at all.

[/quote]

[quote=“66impalass”"]

All debt will be paid off in the next two months minus my student loan ($20,000 over the next 30 years)

[/quote]

My debt is just my moving expenses that I incurred from moving out here well that and replacing the rear end of my truck that shrapneled in Tampa before I left. Its <$5k right now

[quote=“Nikuk,post:23,topic:31275"”]

Cliffs: Not buying this elise will be equivalent to a $3.32 per hour raise.

[/quote]

nice work sir.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:52,topic:31275"”]

[/quote]

I’m not stupid… it would be 35+ student loans if he buys this car…
my point was also obvious I hope.

[quote=“theblue,post:51,topic:31275"”]

I just did the math and I pay 16% of my take home after tax and 401K towards the evo every month… my payments are less then 16% - I pay more then the minimum.

and anybody who tells you to pay off students loans faster is stupid. federally subsidized student loans are the cheapest money you can ever borrow. they also carry special terms that allow you to stop paying if you lose your job etc. So you want to pay the min on student loans and pay more on other loans like a house or car.

[/quote]

:slap:

Just because you can finance something, doesn’t mean you should. 2% is more than 0%. And 2% over 30 years isn’t free. Not to mention he didn’t indicate that these were all fed loans (private loans will be much higher), not to mention that based on the income bracket he is in, he’s no longer writing off interest. On top of that at $20k loan @ 4% (recent grads won’t get 4%) will cost you over $14,000 over a 30 year period.

Yeah, carry it to term, all the time, brilliant.

He wouldn’t be asking questions like these if he was using the cash reserves for investments as opposed to paying off debt.

Thom, post #57 has the answer in it just read it.

Buy the Elise, now.

Update:

Official Purchase date will be in Oct, Color combo I am looking for is Laser Blue/Biscuit, its actually about 12% of my monthly income and I am a moron and put a larger loan price in the calculator than actuality, still budgeted for the originally calculated payment though and plan on paying more than minimum.

Still trying to figure out if the factory LSD worth looking for or should I just go aftermarket…

You should just buy my RX7 when it’s done instead. :slight_smile:

[quote=“brent_strong,post:59,topic:31275"”]

You should just buy my RX7 when it’s done instead. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

I want something I can take the top off, that and I know I would kill myself, plus no garage= me not being able to fix shit that break

on a side note I just found a place that will give me a 120 month loan at 7.25% :bloated:

I found that hilarious