Call me crazy...

but I’m thinking about trading my car in. I owe 14K on it. And have had it for 10 months. I’m making Dom go to some of the dealerships with me tonight. This is probably a bad idea…

so what kind of car are we bringing home ?

Well…I’m not so sure I’m bringing a new one home just yet. What I like and what I can afford are two different things. I don’t know about trading mine in, since I owe 14k on it…

it’s a very bad idea… You will definitely owe more than it’s worth. You would be better to sell it outright… even that will be hard to get pay off. Don’t take a loss on it…

for those of us who are not familier with you,
-What car do you own Now, year/make/model

2002 Honda Accord EX. It’s loaded, 6 disc, leather, etc…plus quite a few mods. It’s got 80k miles on it. Paid 16k for it, owe 14k.

ouch, that does look like an upsidedowner. im guessing you already checked all the values, if not kbb.com can help you thier.
Any chance you can wait and throw it out for sale by owner?

I must really look like an idiot. Honda dealership thought they were pulling one over on me. I asked them to price me a civic si, trading in my accord. They said 20k for the si, they would pay off my 14k i owe for the accord, and give me 8k for the trade in. Plus they wanted 4k down. They said 425 a month for 72 months. So basically, they were gonna pay my loan off, then have me pay them back the 14k for my car, plus pay for the civic. So…I’m keeping my car. I don’t know wtf I was thinking. My car is nice. There’s nothing wrong with it.
It just has 80k miles and I thought it would be nice to have something new. What a ripoff. KBB says my car is worth $11,555. I would think it may be worth a little more, considering the mods on the car.

i want a new ride too but im still paying off my gtp first before i get a new one. i dot like to roll over debt

I’m just gonna keep my car…Maybe buy a few more things for it…Get Dom to let me drive his srt when I get bored. For some reason, he quit letting me drive it after the clutch warranty ran out…:nono: :madfawk: :bash:

you live in amity sister…thats gm territory!!!

f-body or vette

Hey now…I just moved to Amity :moon: I used to be all anti Honda…Then Dom came along and brainwashed me. He asked if I wanted to go to the chevy dealership…And I said “What would I want to go there for?” I will admit to owning a Chevy Beretta before I got my accord. :embarassd

Just FYI mods will redude your trade in value if anything. If, and only if, you find the “right” private buyer you might get some of your coin from mods back on a sale… but probably not. Especially with an Accord. Nobody is going to pay top dollar for a modded Accord. Ppl looking for those will probably steer clear of them hoping to find one that is “granny-fresh.”

Hell, I paid $4k UNDER KBB for my Z06 and it has ~$25k of mods in it. No joke.

-TJ

heh, the dealership wanted her car pretty badly. Soon as I asked if they were an NADA member and she asked for a new deal, the “boss” was all the sudden busy.

The sales lady’s boss goes to check out the car. Gets in it, starts it, revs it to like 6500 like 5 times and shuts it off. I wasnt outside when he said he wanted to hear her exhaust or something like that. I was to busy laughing at the 41k price tag for a aniversery addition 350.

To bad I wasnt dressed better, one of the sales men saw me looking at a 06 S2000, said something about hows my day going and walked away.

Were thinking of going back up there in a month and trying to test drive a 5 speed and have marge drive it and keep fucking up. I want to take the s2000 for a drive and do a few open throttleshifts. just to see what the sales men has to say.

I hate dealerships

you crazy

All the mods on the car, other than the remote starter, where already on the car when I bought it in June. Actually, the dealership didn’t even realize everything that was on the car. Prob because I got it at a Ford dealership, they wouldn’t be familiar with a Honda. When I walked in the Honda dealership yesterday, the salesman said “I would love to get that on a trade-in” then was asking me a bunch of questions and telling me how nice my car is. Then asked me if it’s quick. I could barely contain my laughter.