Android APPs

^^downloading photobucket now! :lol

i just got this phone but a couple that i like already are yelp and wifi analyzer

RootExplorer, Better Terminal Emulator Pro, Easytether, Scanner Radio, MyBackupPro, Docs to go, Adfree, and tasker.

Root Explorer is good shit

Wireless Tether for Root Users, RootExplorer, Taskiller, MyBackupPro

MP3 Downloader.

Advanced Task Killer - autokills a lot of the shit that android tries to run to keep your battery up
F1 Live - self explanatory
The Official WRC Android App - duh
Ski Eagle GPS - tracks your vert skiing
Dolphin Browser HD - alternative to the stock browser, not sure if it’s necessary since the latest Android updates as the original browser didn’t support multi-touch

yeah i like that dolphin browser also.
i am mostly boggled by the stuff that seemingly always runs, i want to root this thing so i can shut it all off. google ads need to go asap.

Those that used Advanced Task Killers that are running Froyo (Android 2.2)

Ive noticed a lot of applications don’t die off anymore when using it, while on the surface they seem to die… the services that belong to them still run in the background, which pre 2.2 when killing an app it would kill anything associated with it. I was noticeing after doing a task kill that my memory really never shot up much, only a few services in the background would acctually let me end them.

Apparently google changed the API that allowed developers of task managers to kill apps, and also the memory management in 2.2 is much better, I havent used a task killer in a few days now… and honestly havent had any issues with it feeling sluggish like 2.1 did until you killed off apps

Granted I suppose that doesnt mean they are completely useless as mine has a nice uninstaller in iit.

But just a heads up

oh fuck me, how could i forget. WYSE is one of the best / most frequently used apps on my phone.

Alot of these apps scare me.

Vignette and Camera 360

Both seem to be much better alternatives to the stock Android camera applications. Less grainy and much sharper looking that my stock camera app.

Alright so after some playing around… in regards to my post above about third party camera apps…

Download Camera360 Pro, it takes pictures much faster, and the photos are much clearer than the stock camera app (at least on Motorola Devices) It does post processing and makes for a much better picture. Low light pictures are less grainy, and in a dark area with lights, lights don’t appear to show with orbs on them liek they did in the stock app (which im kinda ehh about because id think that was a hardware problem glare etc)

Anyways, they have a free version which limits the size of photos etc, when you see it live on your screen it looks very jagged and contrasted, but once you take the photo it coems out awesomely clear… I’ll have to take some good comparison shots.

Vignette is really good as well, but the quality in 360 seems a bit better from my use, its much faster in taking picture and the post processing as it saves is much quicker.

Also after some reading, and my own “testing” get rid of your Task killers, if youd like more detail ill be happy to post it and the reasoning behind it after all the reading i’ve been doing…

Uninstall your task killer for the day, use your phone as you normally would, or hell even a little more… Battery life will be better, and overall performance will be more constant.

If your rooter, get autokiller… its not a task killer… it tweak the memory management within android that kills apps

I was using a task killer up until 2.2 released. 2.2 does a much better job of memory management so now there is no need for it. Some people were anti-task killer even before 2.2.

Camera 360 pro for free if you want to try it out. Support the devs if you like it!

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=427&t=135989&hilit=360

360 i belive limits some options such as resoloution…

Camera360 so much better than the stock app

??

I mean the unpaid version I think limits some shit like the resoloution etc… I think thats why I just paid the 3-4 bucks for it

Yea the link I posted is for the paid version. Without paying.