Anna Nicole's son dies at 20

The mysterious death of Anna Nicole Smith’s 20-year-old son got more interesting yesterday after the coroner’s office in Nassau labeled his demise “suspicious” and confirmed there was one other person in the room when Daniel Smith died Sunday.

The office added that a formal inquiry is scheduled for Oct. 23 in the Bahamas and could lead to criminal charges. 

“We do know the cause of death,” coroner Linda Virgill told reporters. “But we need to confirm it with a toxicology report.” 

She added that autopsy and toxicology reports will be withheld until the inquest when they will be introduced as evidence. 

Virgill refused to divulge any more details, but did say there wasn’t any sign of physical injury to Smith’s son, who was found dead Sunday morning while visiting his mother at the private Doctors’ Hospital three days after she gave birth to a baby girl. 

“I can confirm that there was definitely a third person in the room at the time of death and I do know who that person is,” she said. “But I am unwilling to reveal that information at this time for various reasons.”  

interesting…