Another Flat Black exotic.. Fcar 599

i dont like this one as much as the other one

i like all my exotics in flat black…even my exotic cologne
http://www.nellbutler.com/Photos/FERRARI_BLACK_M.jpg

omg drool

sigh…

Does that work 60% of the time, all the time?

Interesting choice. Not a fan though.

IMHO Not a good choice for that car. The Body lines on a Ferrari are not ones that should be hidden. It’s like puting a Supermodel in a snowsuit.

x…

If they are using zinc chromate then I doubt we will see production cars with flat black paint. Chromium in the +6 oxidation state is pretty dangerous, and scaling its use up to an entire fleet of cars would have very high costs associated with it (safety and environmental). Costs that I doubt the consumer would pay for. Maybe special editions of exotic and near-exotic cars where conspicuous exclusivity commands high appeal to potential buyers. That’s the real reason people buy those cars anyway-to feel exclusive or different.

I love the 599, thats hot, needs red wheels though

For some people, yes, for a ton it’s because of the fact that it’s a hell of a car.

You can already order flat black though some special wish/individual programs, I meant I wonder when it’ll show up on the build sheets.

i know what you mean…but thats kind of debatable…if the paint job is done well i think it almost makes the body lines show up moreso than a gloss job