Flat Black? Yay or nay?

SO ive finally got some $$$s and trying to figure what I want to spend it on first. I never realized how good flat black could look but I’m dumb and not sure what a cost like this would be

Something like that is what i’m thinking, the question is, is that just normal flat black or is there something else done to it that makes it look better than normal?

Finally, who on here could do this If it’s something I wanted?

satin black.
sprayed with a clear?

Just get a maaco spray

maaco spray?

yeah my cutlass + satin black

flat black = always good

I think there may be other better choices to blow your money on. How is the paint on the car now?

Flat black looks good on Ferrari, lambo, etc…
rat rods are ok too, ricers-naaaaa looks cheap

Nay

satin looks good, flat looks like primer

Maaco has been out of the area for a while now. Earl’s Best Paint is the only way to go (for the cheapest, most ghetto paint jobs).

Like zis?

Get a DuPont single-stage black and DuPont flattener.

I shot the car with two wet coats of DuPont Ful-Poxy epoxy primer/sealer and a single stage DuPont Centari “Pitch Black” 99A with a hardener, 8:2:1, plus 40% DuPont flattener. Sunday, I reassembled the rest of the car.

The Impala used less flattener. Mix your own ratio up.

That car in the op is semi-gloss or ‘satin’ not flat. You won’t see any reflections on a flat finish. I did my corolla in it only because I had different color body panels and it hides damage. I also crash a lot so it’s easy to re-spray. I wouldn’t do it to a nice car, it’s just plain ugly.

flat black is only wicked on cars with enough under the hood and in the wheel arches to over compensate for the colour.

it’s like saying… fuck you i’m all business.

if the car sucks otherwise, it says: fuck you i’m poor

Murder that shit out!

X…

/\ EVIL.

Holy shit we agree.

Man I hate flat black. It belongs on mailboxes not cars.

Flat black = emo of the car world.

IMO flat black only works on cars that have something else going on visually. i.e. more interesting body lines or exotic look. Not so much on DD type cars that we’re all familiar with and see everyday. Then it just looks lame, cheap, and out-of-place.

that car looks better than the rest cuz of the hottie on the hood. im i the only one who can figure that out.

but on the real flat black is usually baller as long as its done properly and tastefully.

Huh? Reminded me of this:
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/jpfenski/sealiiononpatrolcar.jpg

If I saw that I would throw a net over it and truck it off to SeaWorld…

A good flat black paint job is going to be $$$$$$$$$$$. it will be far harder to do well than a non-flat colour.