Another myspace death

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21882976/
The mother of the mystery girl is an asshole. Creating a fake account to spy on her daughters friends is borderline crazy. I feel bad for that girls family.

The Meiers’ daughter, Megan, hanged herself Oct. 16, 2006.

2006? Typo or a year old story?

creepy looking mother there.

Also

“They’ve absolutely offered no apologies,” Ron Meier told TODAY co-host Matt Lauer on Monday. “They sent us a letter in the mail, basically saying that they might feel a little bit of responsibility, but they don’t feel no guilt or remorse or anything for what they did.”

:picard:

I love how the media now is quoting people regardless of their ability to properly use the English Language.

I saw an article quoting the driver talking about the Madden Cruiser in down and instead of Luxurious…the quoted him as saying Luxrous :sigh:

“Megan, a girl who had battled attention deficit disorder, depression and a weight problem for much of her young life,”

and myspace is to blame…

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

thats all i hear from the parents

maybe they should have just locked their daughter in the closet

For a year, the Meiers kept quiet at the request of both the FBI and local law enforcement officials while they investigated the incident

year old story, with new content.

While I don’t agree with blaming the myspace on the girl’s suicide (obviously she had some other problems that led to it as well)…

How could a grown woman create a fake account to call a 13 year old girl a slut and a whore, and not think that she is somewhat to blame? She seems more childish that the girl that killed herself over this.

Wow… our world gets better and better every day…

I can’t believe someone else’s parent set up a fake account and started a fake online relationship to see if this girl was being mean to her daughter. They were on the same fucking street. Why not ask?

The parents that were pretending to be the kid are absolutley demented for doing it in the first place, but what makes me sick is that the girl’s parents said in the interview that they would only allow her check myspace if they were in the same room with her.

“It was monitored highly,” Tina Meier said of her daughter’s MySpace account. “We had the password. She couldn’t sign on without us. We had to be in the room” when she was online.

Only they knew the password…that’s f-ed that they allowed her check it…

Now if some jackass was fucking with my daughter, I would have never allowed her to check myspace for a while or blocked the bastard that was making her sick… Jesus, they sat and watched while she checked myspace and did nothing… It’s almost like poisoning her…

ugliest
parents
ever

myspace has nothing to do with these deaths.
A certain percentage of the population will commit suicide.
The more of that population that subscribes to myspca the more deaths are associated with Myspace.

basic probability

I dont understand why this is any kind of a issue at all.

Megan Babi, was a typical 13-year-old girl fighting off the demons of self-esteem, ADD, and being fat. Megan is was 175 pounds at 5’5½” after losing 20 lbs, giving her a BMI of 32.4, scientifically proving her status as a obese whore"

better article;
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Megan_Meier

Thats horrible, I cant imagine the pain of comming home to see your 13yr old hung.

:word: i’m just agreeing with you on everything today

Is it basic probability that the other girl’s mother created a fake account to trick the now dead girl into thinking she had a relationship? Thats the part i found post worthy about the story. Her actions were pretty much why this girl killed herself…

No, the reason she killed herself was that she was unstable and not being properly supervised while on antidepressants. If it wasn’t this fake online friend who told her she was mean it would have been the guy who was mean to her at school, or test she flunked, or her cat getting hit by a car. There’s a reason Zoloft and most of the other SSR inhibitors carry a black box warning (the “may increase suicidal tendencies” warning).

The girl had problems but who has the bigger issue, her or the ADULT that created a fake myspace account. Normally im not too sympathetic when it comes to people who commit suicide because they don’t think about the impact their decision has on their friends and family. This lady defnitely helped things along and its just fucking wrong.

loser kids with no friends spends all time in front of a computer connected to myspace.

Kill yourself…

that was a horribly written story, did they outsource that to “mike,” the freelance writer from india or something