Another 'Who goes to this school' thread - v. PSU Beaver

So does anyone else here go to Penn State Beaver? I just started going back in the evenings to finish my degree. I took a short 4 year break since the last time I was ever in a class so its taking some adjusting.

we all know the blazed in your name is a pot reference, Cheech.

Who ever said differently? The fact that I own a Blazer just makes it a double entendre.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

g/l luck buddy…i’m gonna try and get back into school sometime with in the next year

Ya I’m up here, good old Beave haha

Well its good I’m not the only one. I saw your car there last night when I was leaving. It was one of the few cars that looks like its modded that I’ve seen around campus.

Ya, there’s a few people with decent looking cars then the same amount of rice lol My car just has exhaust and paintbut thanks for the compliment :burnout: I might have seen you in your Si the other day, is that what you usually drive?

Yep, mostly drive the Si. Took the wheels off recently and have been running stockers. But I am there just about every evening.

Ya I thought I saw the stockers on it. Maybe if I see you I’ll try and catch up to ya.

Cool, maybe we could hit up Jerry’s some evening after classes and BS.

MMM Jerry’s.

Bump. School is back in session. Anyone new to the 'Beave? I saw a few riced out rides and I’m debating putting a Pittspeed flyer on the windshield.

I was out of high school for a year before I made it back to school at CCAC. I tried a semester there which did not work out very well. That semester ended up interfering with my enrollment at RMU. Anyway, It was about 3 years between my stint at CCAC and starting college again at RMU. I had a terrible time adjusting to life as a full time college student.

The first problem I had was being 22 and stuck in a class full of 18 year old kids straight out of high school. I am by no means a well adjusted adult nor do I look like an adult so the I did not standout in the crowd like other “adults” that take regular undergraduate classes. I got over that in about a semester. I have actually learned to love those sweet young freshman girls. These girls just want someone to hook them up with booze and listen to them whine about petty things compared to women my age that want a career, cars and stability.

The hardest part of adjustment was learning how to study and prepare for class. I mean reading and comprehending what I was reading was not a problem in high school. I actually graduated with honors from high school without too much effort. When I started classes again even the most basic reading was tough for me to retain and apply. I’m not going to even start on mathematics which was actually my strong point on my SATs.

I would say in general that it has taken me about 2 years to fully adjust to college again. I’m starting my third year at RMU and its the first time I have felt completely comfortable and prepared for whatever comes my way there.

I’m not sure that this is on-topic in the least bit but I thought it would be a little bit relevant.

Jimmy

Bump for anyone who might be going to PSU Beaver this semester.