Any E85 users?

Anyone running currently? I was debating going this route as C16 is not cheap. I know the 30% fuel difference, but there is three pumps now in my area that have it. I dont believe it’s carried in the winter, but that doesn’t matter.

All i would need to do is change to a stainless fuel filter and retune I think…

While this season I will probably just get a tank of c16, after that I may decide on E85 for a permanent solution.

Art, with the blue evo8. i think you can get e-85 year long. all i know is you need MORE fuel and its pretty close to 110octane.

It’s around 30% more fuel. There is only a few places that have it. E85 is around 105 octane.

Theres more places that sell it than there used to be. I know Cumberland Farms in CP sells it, a few Mobil’s around here and some other places.
Mobil in Warrensburg has it too.

ya more and more will have it, but we all know its drawbacks etc esp with production limitations

E85 can be had all year round im pretty sure and alot of dsm guys are making big power on it versus race gas

Yea and its like 1.80 a gallon verses $12.00 a gallon

Word kid

You need to run Aeroquip pushloc fuel line (jegs.com) or 100 percent hard lines-NO question on this. I’d also run Gates submersible lines in the tank. Also need bigger injectors and 3 fuel pumps. Might be able to get away with 2 pumps but it’d be cutting it close.

Didnt I try to turn you on to e85 months ago…?

I have seen plenty of cars run stock fuel lines and be 100% fine. Why would he need to change to hard lines?

Most OEM stock lines will be fine, however most aftermarket shops use line that will not be ok when running new fuel lines (most shops use braided, which sucks for regular fuel, not to mention E85). I’m assuming that the car in question has additional fuel lines ran that are not E85 compatable. A friend and I researched this subject for days, and the most readily available (not to mention cheapest) E85 compatible line on the market is Aeroquip pushloc, available from Jegs. I’m too lazy to get the specific name of the line, but jegs only has one kind of line available from Aeroquip and it’s the correct one to use.

I have just seen cars on dsmtalk that are tuned on e85 and they have not upgraded any lines and the cars run fine. E85 does not affect the rubber lines at all apparently since they have been driving around on it for 5000+ miles and have not had a single problem. Not sure if other vehicles react differently or not

As I said before, E85 is probably ok on most FACTORY fuel lines. I’m sure it’ll work fine for awhile on any fuel line, the long term durability is the question.

Do it right, do it once, do it with the proper fuel line. The aeroquip line is less expensive then the braided junk…

Considering I’d like to DD my car in the summer I woudlent go thte e85 route because it would end up being too exspensive dumping twice the fuel…

I did some research on E85 and pondering the possibility of doing it, but for someone like me its jsut not worth it

For someone liek RBkarien it woudl work out cause he doesnt DD the supra in the summer

And as turbo travis said… some fuel lines do not like e85 and will deteriate over time…

I’d rather spend the little extra money to re run some fuel lines and change a few things rather than find out the hard way one day.

Your gas milage won’t suffer much at all under normal driving conditions (probably lose 1-3MPG). The lower costs of the fuel easily offsets that.

I think I can get away with two pumps, definitely need bigger injectors though. 720’s aint cutting it. I’ll run it this year with the c16, then swap over. Makes so much more sense since I can get it at a pump, although I can run pump gas, 250less whp FTL