any local cryotreat places???

well, i managed to snap another axle again sat at the track. I pulled one apart and it appears the the bearings are getting warn out in the cv and then binding against the sleave and seazing. now when this happenes my axle cannot pivot causing it snap at the weakest spot where they are cast together. Its a clean break, i almost wanted to bevel it and weld it back together until i saw the bearings were seezed.

well, is there anyone local that does cryo treatments? this is my last stich effort for a better axle before i spend 1200+ dollars on someone elses products.

any productive/helpfull info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

well, i broke another axle last saturday and im getting tired of this. The bearings inside the cv are getting warn out and starting to bind, until they finally seaze in the cv sleaves they ride in causing the axle to no longer pivot and then snap.

sooo, i need a cost effective way to strengthen my axles without breaking the bank.

im almost all out of ideas here.:frowning:

I can’t remember the name but theres a forging heat treating place right around Akron near Cummings Road if I remember correctly.

Trust me when I say.

Not worth the money, especially with your power level. Get the DSS axles anything else is a waste of money.

well, im almost positive that there axles are treated as well. At this point i think its worth a shot considering whats happeneing here with my axles.

If i decide to go with the DSS axles then i need m3 trailing arms and new m3 bearings. that plus the 1200 bucs for the axles plus the cost of buying m3 axles, im looking at about 2g’s all together then i get to break my drive shaft.

+1

http://www.modernheattreat.com/index.htm

I have no experience with them but its the only place I know of in WNY. Hope that helps you.

yea, ill be calling them tomorow from work, well, i think newman will call for me. we will see.

mods, can you merge threads please? i wasnt sure what happened to the original.
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52329

why not a ford rear end???

How many axles have you broken already at how much a pop? Wouldn’t you be close to the dss axles/right way already?

maybe swaintech?

send the shit to evans performance in georgia