Anyone a fan of the Alien Franchise?

And I don’t mean the horrid AVP movies but the original Alien and Aliens movies.

I’ve always loved them, and HR Giger’s work is just fucking crazy but that’s another topic.

Ridley Scott’s back… (Directed the original Alien and Blade Runner) doing a “prequel” or related movie at least. I’ve been following it’s development for a while and it’s been interesting to say the least.

Trailer just leaked out and is opening for the “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”…

http://vimeo.com/34025136

OMFG… I gotta see this. Anyone who knows the Alien movies will see the references; although there are no Xenomorphs in this one.

I was more of a Predator guy myself.

Alien and aliens are both awesome. I’d be interested in seeing this. I also expect the remake of “the girl with the dragon tattoo” to suck way more than the one that just came out a FEW years ago.

Huge fan of the original three (I think you may remember that from Enivate).

Not only did Ridley direct the original and Blade Runner, he also did Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, and a score of quality flicks as long as my arm (and has 13 Oscars to go with 'em).

I think Prometheus is gonna be sweet and I’ll be in opening day. :tup:

Ridley is a great director; He did a lot of great movies, but those were his 2 Sci-Fi ones, and he’s avoided the genre since then from what I remember.

I’m trying to pull some strings… and get access to the Premier; My Brother-in-Law is friends with Ben Proctor who did a lot of the conceptual artwork for Prometheus and who is friends with Ridley (which is not an easy feat from what I’ve been told; he either likes you or hates you, no in-between).

I <3 bladerunner! There is a sequel for that in the works as well. They better not fuck it up.

Edit: just watched the preview… I’ll be there on the premiere lol

Loved 1 & 2, the rest were less memorable. In for this though :tup:

The books are SOO good, the Swedish film was pretty good for a foreign film.

Im just SUPPPPPEEERRRRR excited to see Rooney Mara naked…with pierced nipples.

He’s a genius when it comes to movie making. He’s able to cut costs and get production rolling with his smart thinking. In the Alien dvd, there’s a special feature section that goes into some detail from the behind the scenes. He didn’t have the budget to make a huge set for when the craft landed on the planet with the crashed ship, so he made spacesuits for his kids. That way the set could be half-sized but look huge on screen. When the eggs open up, he needed some sort of “organic” looking medium to be seen inside. Instead of spending tons of money on some special effects guys to get the look he wanted he went to the grocery store and got some boneless chicken breasts, lol. Next time you watch and see the egg opening up, you’ll be looking at $4.00 worth of chicken.