Anyone good with computers?

Like the title says, looking for some help/advice.

anyways my question is it possible to use car LED strips in a computer? Pretty much i’d be cutting the wires and soldering them to a molex connector but do you need to run a resistor? Ive tried looking online but getting mixed results. I have a set of LEDs layin around and want to use them. I can solder pretty well. I’m just worried about a short. I spent $1000 building my own computer and don’t really have the extra cash to build another if something goes wrong.

It’ll be fine, no need for resistors.

ok thank you for clearing that up, everywhere it said you do need a resistor and some say you didn’t…

As long as they are 12v LED lights, they will work fine. Just make sure you use the yellow wire on the PSU as that’s the 12v rail, the red is only 5v.

it depends on the voltage you are running it off and what the LED is rated at. 12 or 5 volts irc are the pins on a molex. if you have a 1 volt led and feed it 12… it will be bright as hell, until it pops. lol then ya need resistors.

Get out of my thread, hamburger salesman.

I had a computer once…

I can make facebook posts, does that count?

I’m good for about this much…

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/gewoldi/gewoldi1111/gewoldi111100071/11326759-overheating-a-heat-sink-on-a-computer-board-with-a-welding-torch-in-rusty-background.jpg

Alright got another question for those of you who know about computers rather than use them haha…

I have a rosewill thor v2 case, hate the mesh on the side. Bought a piece of plexiglass to mod the sides so its see through. This would also go along with the LEDs. Now the computer already is liquid cooled but if I were to do this mod i would lose the 230mm fan on the side. However I am able to add 2 more fans to possibly make up for the lost 230mm fan. In your opinion, would it be worth to do it for looks over possibly loosing performance?

Nope. Or cut a hole in the plexi for the fan.

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

Well, that’s one way to reflow a BGA…