Anyone have a working quadrajet carb?

Lookin for a working quadrajet…

good luck lol

I do

I should have one off a big block truck motor… i dont know about a small block though

Damn dude, you have everything I need…haha Is it a different than small block? I thought thay were all 850’s? I need it for a small block just for now til I can get the LT1 in it.

I dont know those particular carbs that well… i do know that i tried putting it on a smallblock and it didnt fit :dunno:

the bolt patterns should be the same. it will be the choke hook up and jetting that could be a problem. i have acouple here but won’t part with them sorry.

man… when I was in highschool, we used to take them off and throw them away! I had like ten of them at once before, now cant find a good one anywhere!

There’s a U-Pull-It boneyard out in West Alexander, PA.
I was only there once a few years ago but I remember seeing a bunch of Q-jets there, just laying around.
If you need one rebuilt, I can help ya out with that. I have rebuilt MANY MANY of them and I know all the tricks.

I have a CC one, doesnt have vac advance provisions on it but will make the car start and move. Ran good when pulled a year ago and moved my car 3 weeks ago when I had to get the newer Q-Jet fixed. You can have it if you want it.

from an 82 small block 350 out of a 3/4 ton truck

Q jets come in a gang of varietes. Roughly the 66-74 are similar, the 75-80s are similar, and the computer controlled ones from the 80s to 90. The 800 cfm didn’t come out till 71, and the 75 versions added an altitude control. The 800 version became more widely available after 75, but the secondaries were limited in opening to reduce cfm. The adjustmants became sealed too in the late 70s. Also, there were side inlets and front inlets. If you have a stock SBC intake, a front inlet won’t let the filter housing clear the thermostat housing. There is also a gang of different throttle hook-ups than can be changed by changing throttle shafts, or some welding (I tend to do that).

Q jets are cheap and rebuild kits are usually 'round $20.

i got 1 hell i just seen it