need a good place for a CCC Q-Jet Rebuild

have a spare CCC qjet from my 84 hurst that i wanna send out to get rebuilt to put on my 83. what are some good places that do a performance rebuild on the CCC qjets? it doesn’t have to be local, just lookin for a good one.

try jeff, he loves the carbs :boink

quadrajets are simple do it yourself.

i know a guy that does it :slight_smile:

no thanks

whats a Q-Jet ?

very easy.

i’m looking for a shop that does a performance rebuild!

sam’s auto 724-547-2121

Anyone want a spare QJet? I’m looking to unload one CHEAP

quadra?

What upgrade are u looking to get out of the stock piece, bigger accel.pump, jetted better for a cam or just a good back to stock rebuild?

my hurst runs like shit, i mean the car idles smooth so its running on all cyclinders as it should but while driving it doesn;t perform like it should, obviously its not gonna tear up the track but with it having well under a 100k it should run alot better than it does. under WOT it’ll rip the tires lose from 1st to 2nd but just bogs through 2nd 3rd and into OD. bone stock hursts were crushin my bone stone hurst at the nationals.

you don’t need a performance rebuild to fix that. sounds like the secondary air flapper just needs adjusted. when you punch it down what does it do? what happens if you just gradually push it down till full throttle?

well i can’t say for sure but i think i get the same sort of responce. It just doens;t accelerate like it should with the gears that it has. i mean the 307 is a dog but for as smooth running as the car is it should have some better pull. i’ll have to take it out on a nicer day and run these tests. I was having the problem of it boggin cause the of the convert kickin into OD, i simply just unplugged the lock up to get some better performance. i’ll check out the secondaries. I had a problem with my monte, too, my choke fuse was blown and the secondaries weren’t opening. i checked it on my hurst and there wasn’t even a fuse in there. It didn’t have any effect when i put one in thou.

check to make sure the choke and secondary linkages are working freely. if your choke is not opening completly or the linkage is bound up, then it won’t the the secondary open. or the secondary air valve needs replaced. it works off the vacuum and keeps the secondary flapper closed until the vacuum drops(full throttle) and then lets it open. also could be the spring tension on the secondary air flapper needs set to keep it from opening to easily.

Tcc soleniod, you can still get them at gm 42.00 bucks, dont not get the ones from advanced, very simple install, just dont drive extremely long distances,