anyone have an old palm laying around they wanna get rid of?

Originally posted by BlueMeanieTSi
they are except matching fuel trims u know how i am about fuel systems. rookee i’ll def take u up on that offer come to bww with us and i’ll hook u up.

also chad hotsink cables are useless without the obd2 cable that i need also…turbovw18 can u help me on that?

yeah assuming nothin comes up i can drop it off after work at there… the monroeville one? :dunno:

yeah we’re there from 10-? if you want i’ll pm u my cell #

Originally posted by turbovw18
i’d have to know the interface of the 2g ecu… new motronic 7 vw’s run ISO 9141…

i still have yet to make whitey a cable… it’s hard to source boards… but i think i can lend a hand…

does this help? http://www.scantool.net/files/pdf/elmiso11.pdf it lists it as working with the 97ecu’s but i know the ecu in my car works off the cable i have which is the universal OBDII i think they dont’ list it cuz technically my car isnt’ supposed to BE OBDII

Originally posted by BlueMeanieTSi
does this help? http://www.scantool.net/files/pdf/elmiso11.pdf it lists it as working with the 97ecu’s but i know the ecu in my car works off the cable i have which is the universal OBDII i think they dont’ list it cuz technically my car isnt’ supposed to BE OBDII

fuck yeah dude… thats your board right there!!!

it’s 9141-2 … so i should be able to get it to work with my current board… i need to find some moreboards… there was a lot of 5 on ebay for 100 bucks and i passed it up… FUCK

i could be hooking dudes up with scan tools.

anyway, do you have pc based scan software?

we can test my board anytime… it’s in my car and i always have a laptop…

i’d be interested in seeing if my obdii port will work with a dsm… do you know what pins read throught the obdii port?

all i know is it reads off the universal OBD scantools not the chrysler ones (there is a chrysler specific that works with it) i have the software and it’s also available for free off that same website i listed. i want this to work with a pda so any obd II pda software should work with it right?

as for the boards why can’t u just use a prepunched one from the shack?

you should be able to get prepunched… but there is an iso conversion bit that is tough to find… and i wanted to get PC based software test my board before i say that i can do it and then realize i have the wrong translator or something.

io have the pc software, you talking about the chip? there’s a link oln that site for where to buy those too

http://www.elmelectronics.com/thehome.html#ELM323

ELM323 - OBD (ISO) to RS232 Interpreter
The ELM323 completes our trio of OBDII ICs, allowing you to talk to your ISO 9141-2 or ISO 14230-4 standard OBDII equipped vehicle using an RS232 serial connection. It transparently converts between a 10.4KHz ISO data stream and standard ASCII characters, allowing trouble codes and operating parameters to be easily retrieved without the need for special software. No knowledge of data formatting, error checking, bus initiation etc. is needed either, as the ELM323 handles all of it for you.
The present version of the ELM323 (v2.0) provides several programmable features that the previous versions did not offer. It now allows programmable header bytes, adjustable timeouts, the ability to report in the packed data mode, and offers a special monitoring mode as well. This is in addition to all of the capabilities that the v1.x ICs offered - the full seven byte command structure, two line (K and L) initiation, software selectable linefeeds and character echoing, and the visual feedback provided by the four LED outputs.
If you currently use one of our v1.x ICs, you will be pleased to know that this new version is pin-compatible with the old, so you can simply replace your present IC with one of these, and immediately begin enjoying these new features.

Available in: 14-pin PDIP $17.50 CDN, 14-pin SOIC $19.50 CDN

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/scantool/elisoinchip.html shows it in US$