anyone into 94-96 Impalas have question

Went and looked at a black 96 tonight, it is very clean, underneath is almost showroom, has small paint chips on front bumper , one or two tiny tiny dings, a small scratch here or there, paint is in awesome shape, no rust, 60,xxx miles, interior is very nice except for minor stains on carpet and drivers seat appears to have a broken spring or two as you sink into it

Radiator support has 2 small holes drilled into it where someone mounted something

The car is all original except for flowmaster and window tint, now heres the kicker when I got there the guy tells me both door skins on the drivers side were replaced due to an accident

Not the entire doors but the outer skins, I checked as good as I could, rockers look solid, inner doors do appear original

It does show up on a carfax but the title is clean

other small problems-

odometer is dim but readable, back window needs a new roller to keep it on track and the cd player dosent work (comes with another one)

The car mechanically seems fine, tires near new, brakes done recently, currently inspected

All original paperwork including window sticker

The car has cold AC

Asking price is between 9 and 10k

My question is , is it worth it??

The door skins are the only thing that stopped me from putting a deposit on it tonight

no… spend more and by a gto

not worth it, that should be $6-7k with all that, especially with the door skins replaced

[quote=“bpipe95,post:2,topic:35604"”]

no… spend more and by a gto

[/quote]

wish I had the cash to
I cant afford a loan right now

Only mint untouched impalas go for 9-10k .

Was the B-pillar pushed in? Is there a kink it it. If so your looking at about $1000 to pull it. Sounds like he got t-boned really slow, its not hard to push in a b-pillar a little bit.

Id offer 7k. but check the b-pillar if thats straight, 8500

i seen a 96 SS for sale in the car mart book like 2 weeks ago, 70K, $8995.

god i hate check writers

Fun cars, but replacement parts I hear are expensive. My mom had a 94 then a 96 (which she still owns) that has probably only 50k on the clock.

just build a clone.

[quote=“dreid,post:9,topic:35604"”]

just build a clone.

[/quote]

north worth it, rear suspension mounting points are slightly different giving better geomatry

[quote=“66impalass,post:10,topic:35604"”]

north worth it, rear suspension mounting points are slightly different giving better geomatry

[/quote]

what if you start with a 9c1? or a roadmaster? or a fleetwood?

only real thing I know about them are that they’re crazy expensive (gonna be the next GN imo) and can be made real quick. Quite a sleeper

back when I was into lincolns, they’d a heavyweight shootout each year… impallas vs marks

if the doors close correctly it shouldn’t make a difference. i worked in a body shop and the biggest problem that will arise are saggin doors from a bent b pillar or worn out hinge pins. CHECK BOTH!!! otherwise $8k to 8500 max and it better have good quality fresh tires and brakes on it

If you know where smoking joes is on indian hill there is a impala forsale next to the town court. Burgundy in color kook headers cat delete flows. 373 pillar gauges. The owner died last year or the year bf. He was in the impala club. Nice car I believe they are asking too much for it but money talks.

We have one at the shop right now that got side-swiped. Def fun to drive , but replacement parts ARE A BITCH to find (original) and are alot of money. But $9000 is about right. I cant believe how nice these cars have kept their value.