anyone know anything about liens?

i had a guy come today and offer me 2000 cash for my ATV i owe 3098 on it . the bank told me they have security interest in it(lien). NOW i talked to DMV and they have no record of a lien. do i just say fuck it and sell it ? and pay like i normally would?

You can sell it for a nickle as long as you settle up with any legitimate liens. The fact that DMV doesn’t have that information or even says you do not have a lien doesn’t circumvent any liability that you may have (ie you have a note with the bank).

You do not own that ATV. The bank does.

Read the note you have with the lender. There will be something in there regarding selling the ATV and how you need to settle up with them. There’s usually something in there describing what happens if you sell it without doing that part. None of which are good.

If you decide to sell, let me know as I can assist you with legal services for a good rate.

wouldn’t selling the atv without disclosing the lien to the buyer be consider fraud? also fraud for the fact you didnt tell the bank? doesn’t look good on this one…

you probably have to take out an unsecured loan to pay off the balance of the loan for this to work…

There is no title on an atv, therefore no lien on it.
Youre basically free to do whatever you want with it.

I just bought one a few weeks ago and the payment plan is actually a credit card so its like paying a credit card bill instead of an actual loan payment.

i know there is no title. i have a transferable registration. its just confusing cause one place has a lien on it and the other place doesn’t. idk :headbang :headbang :headbang

No lien on my registration and it just came a few days ago. I havent made one payment yet.

Yea but if the new seller wants to legally register the ATV, the previous owner has to sign an MSO (or something close to that, I just know there’s paper work involved) form in order for the new owner to be able to register it. I went through something similar like this before.

call the bank and get the buyout price on it …it will be less than what ya owe . if ya sell it and default payments or suttin happens to ya they will still repo the bike no matter what dmv tells ya and the only way dmv will know of leins is if its registered and reported to them look at the mso or title it will say lienholder on it and your issuing bank ;D

That’s not true. It depends on the terms of the loan. If they loaned money specifically for this ATV, they have a right to it. It’s different if you acquired a line of credit.

The OP said it’s a secured loan, the ATV being the collateral (hence lien).

Then it doesn’t matter what DMV says, the bank has a lien and are obligated to the ATV. You can’t just sell someone else’s shit. If I could, I’d sell JClark’s M3 to myself for a few hundred.

Sold, we have deal.

= me :angry2

I meant the nice M3. The blue one. :lol

LOL Then we do not have deal without Sunmarks approval SINCE THEY HAVE A LIEN ON THAT ONE.

Fuck that per discussion in this thread.

I know a few people there that can lose your paper work. :slight_smile:

do so please. Means I get to mod that one too :nod

Mine is a Polaris credit card and the atv was purchased with it. I can buy anything else I want with the card though. Its like a regular credit card.