anyone know how to fix the blinking on old nintendo

im looking for someone who can help me fix an old nintendo…i keep getting the “blinking” red light…if someone could help me here, please pm me…

thanks

[quote=“cooter”"]

im looking for someone who can help me fix an old nintendo…i keep getting the “blinking” red light…if someone could help me here, please pm me…

thanks

[/quote]

i believe there is a how to page on the web some where, but to break it down quick take cover of nintendo, prongs that game comes in contact with are most likely bent an need to be bent back in to place, that is all simple 5 min fix.

[quote=“Afrank45,post:2,topic:28268"”]

i believe there is a how to page on the web some where, but to break it down quick take cover of nintendo, prongs that game comes in contact with are most likely bent an need to be bent back in to place, that is all simple 5 min fix.

[/quote]

i replaced the 72 pin connector and that did nothing…still blinks

[quote=“cooter,post:3,topic:28268"”]

i replaced the 72 pin connector and that did nothing…still blinks

[/quote]

then i am of no help to you ive fixed at least ten an that is almost always the problem sry bro

its a combination of blowing in the game, blowing in the machine, and being able to press the reset button with just the right timing during one of the “off” blinds of the power led/button. that and a shit ton of praying!

those damned 15 year old pieces of electronics…

Did you try running it under warm water? :stuck_out_tongue:

kidding.

[quote=“Clean Baldy,post:6,topic:28268"”]

those damned 15 year old pieces of electronics…

Did you try running it under warm water? :stuck_out_tongue:

kidding.

[/quote]

that made me lol

[quote=“badazzss,post:5,topic:28268"”]

its a combination of blowing in the game, blowing in the machine, and being able to press the reset button with just the right timing during one of the “off” blinds of the power led/button. that and a shit ton of praying!

[/quote]

X2 that is what i was doing as a kid.

The problem generally lies on the cartridges… Get some tun-o-wash and spray the pins inside, and the pins on the pcb on the cartridge and it usually works fine, Possibly try 91% or higher isopropl alcohol or something that will evaporate… Laquer thinner should work, but might eat the plastic so be carefull…

Several problems with these.

-Most common being the slots contacts losing their springiness resulting in poor contact to the cartridge. Takes about 10-15 minutes for me on average, replace is a better option.
-Dirty game contacts, most used copper contacts that can corrode over time. Clean with cue-tip, and rubbing alcohol. Make sure you dry it completely.
-Try another game leave the cart in the up position and move it around tiny amounts to see if you can get any image on the screen.
-Open the machine up, pull the 72-pin connector back off, use a green scrubby on the connector on the main board. Attach the connector and try to get it running without the RF shield in place. (Not required for operation, just clean video and FCC regulations)

If you still get nothing at that point it might be easier to find another system/mainboard. But you should be able to get something be it corrupted graphics, or the game starting to load the circuitry itself in these is extremely durable.

In the 20 or so I fixed I’ve only come across one I couldn’t fix due to physical damage to the sound circuitry, at which point they are common enough where it’s not worth fixing.

Take care when using abrasive cleaners and get it off completely as they can also damage the contacts. (Hence the don’t use alcohol warning on the back)

Blowing on the contacts is a bad idea for the following. It deposits moisture on the contacts on the cartridge, and over time accelerates the corrosion process. I want to smack whoever came up with that.

But overall, it’s going to be a combo of playing with it until it works. I’ve had better luck on fixed ones running the cart in the “up” position. Just leave the power on, play with the cart, and watch the TV to see if you get the game to boot. Once you get something hit reset, or cycle the power.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:10,topic:28268"”]

Several problems with these.

-Most common being the slots contacts losing their springiness resulting in poor contact to the cartridge. Takes about 10-15 minutes for me on average, replace is a better option.
-Dirty game contacts, most used copper contacts that can corrode over time. Clean with cue-tip, and rubbing alcohol. Make sure you dry it completely.
-Try another game leave the cart in the up position and move it around tiny amounts to see if you can get any image on the screen.
-Open the machine up, pull the 72-pin connector back off, use a green scrubby on the connector on the main board. Attach the connector and try to get it running without the RF shield in place. (Not required for operation, just clean video and FCC regulations)

If you still get nothing at that point it might be easier to find another system/mainboard. But you should be able to get something be it corrupted graphics, or the game starting to load the circuitry itself in these is extremely durable.

In the 20 or so I fixed I’ve only come across one I couldn’t fix due to physical damage to the sound circuitry, at which point they are common enough where it’s not worth fixing.

Take care when using abrasive cleaners and get it off completely as they can also damage the contacts. (Hence the don’t use alcohol warning on the back)

Blowing on the contacts is a bad idea for the following. It deposits moisture on the contacts on the cartridge, and over time accelerates the corrosion process. I want to smack whoever came up with that.

But overall, it’s going to be a combo of playing with it until it works. I’ve had better luck on fixed ones running the cart in the “up” position. Just leave the power on, play with the car, and watch the TV to see if you get the game to boot. Once you get something hit reset, or cycle the power.

[/quote]

NES PRO RIGHT HERE ^^^^^^^^^