Anyone know how to/want to do some work on hardwood floors?

I wanna rip up carpet in at least one room and re-do the floors…anyone capable of doing this?

lol

when whomever is done, send them to my place. i really dont want to sand these fucking floors.

yeah my boys been doin it bout 7 years pm me with info

slowtalons friend<------------ whats the sq. ft of the job and is it real wood floors or wood laminant?

i work at M P Caroll hardwood if you you give me a sq. ft i can give you a price.

its gona be real wood, old north buffalo home, we have no carpeting in my house, ud be amazed at just how nice this stuff is, most of it has never seen the light of day

just hope there is no stains underneath

real wood…not that much 2 12 x 10 rooms

spencer and his dad redid all the floors in our house joe.

i need some hardwood floors done too in my new house 8x12 + 16x12 + 9x12, price quote please, need real not laminate. anyone got a place to get cheap prefinished dark hardwood floors?

you can do it yourself joe if you want and save yourself some cash, the way we did it was labor intensive.

Mine were refinished many times before, you could tell how much they sanded off over time off when I took the lower moldings off. Since they were in good shape all I did was use a finishing sander and went over with 60 grit in spots, medium for the whole floor, then fine for the whole floor. I heard bad things about those heavy floor sanders creating uneven floors and doing more damage than good. Unless you know how to use one I would stay away, but that would save you alot of time.

Then I put on 3 coats of poly. They look great, takes about 3 hrs to sand a regular sized room. Poly is a pita to do since it is clear and is hard to see what you already painted, especially on the 2nd and 3rd coats. It takes about 2 hours to poly a regular sized room. Polyurethane stinks real bad and should be done with all your windows open so right now might not be the best time, but you only need to air it out for like 8-10 hrs.

Or you could just pay someone to do it, its a dirty job

yeah get Mike Rowe to do it…

lol I did a small walkway in my house, maybe like 10x3 and it was a PITA, we laid, sanded, stained the whole thing…blahhhhh

Just pay someone to get it done right.

When i compared the price to pay someone to do the floors, with the work and the trouble I had to go through to get it done I just choose to do it myself. I think the worse part of the job is the smell of the polyurethane. I might of took a few yrs off my life breathing in the fumes of that shit.

I helped my dad do my sisters whole house and our living and dining room. Its not too bad, but considering you didn’t want to paint your walls this might not be something you will feel like doing

The big floor sanders are only as good as the person using them. They are a must if you are going to do more than one room that already has a finish on it.

I guess if you are up to it, I could help you do this…

well the paint was def. worth it in terms of cost vs. my time it would take to do it

I’m kinda looking to get prices for the floors, if it’s going to cost $$$$ I’ll just suck it up and do it, but if it’s not too bad then I’d rather pay

you paid someone to paint the interior walls?

Drive over to the train station and pick up some mexicans. They do excellent work.

Call me when you get a chance Joe, I got somebody for ya.
He did my floors recently you can take a look at them.
Great price and top notch work. :tup:

Jeller

:lol:

i work at fairway floor covering on ridge and do flooring as a full time “career” untill college is over willing to offer some insight for nothin if anyone needs help we also stock and order anything that you can imagine at the warehouse. PM if i can help.