anyone know where to find a 400 hp dc motor??

I’m looking to locate a 400+ hp dc electric motor. I know tesla makes a motor about the size of a watermelon, thats somewhat light. Mabey someone has ties to an electric vehicle motor?? 200+ hp would be fun to play with but obviously 400+ would be faster. Anyone have any ideas? I’m wondering if tesla would sell just a motor or??? If anyone has any ideas please pm me or post it up here. Possibly does someone work at general electric and could steer me in the right direction.

edit :nevermind

pjb

asking Tesla to sell you a motor is essentially like asking Ferrari to sell you a motor.

Not gonna happen.

Google man, google.

why do i feel like this project is going to be overbudget

Probably because it will be. :dunno

What super advanced battery/charging system have you come up to run this? I’m assuming it’s incredibly light and compact for it to be worth it?

Motors are rated for a HP/torque level based upon the amount of current run through them. You need to ask yourself what batteries and controller you want to run, what voltage and amp output you expect, what output
RPM you need, THEN start looking for a motor to suit that setup. That will narrow you down to likely a couple hundred different makes and models in various frame sizes.

If this is for some electric vehicle project, you most certainly want a brushless motor which is expensive in itself let alone the driver.

what are we looking at here… thousands? tens of thousands? for just a motor

there’s a basic GE machine motor 400hp on Ebay right now for just under 30K

fuck I’ve got a few 10hp 3phz machine motors here I’d let go for $1500 each :lol

:rofl

silveradumbman