WTB: 3/4hp electric motor. 1750RPM or so, single phase 110

Looking for a 3/4hp electric motor. 1750RPM or so, single phase 110v. Upgrading the metal lathe for moar chip tossing power!

Can come out of an HVAC, a pool pump, etc. 56 frame is whats on there now, but any will work within reason. Shaft doesnt much matter either, thats getting swapped around later also.

THANKS!

not looking how cheap you’re hoping to keep this, but these can be had new fairly inexpensively…

I actually have a single phase motor at home… I’ll check the specs on it tonight and report back.

Yeah they can be found for like 10-50$ on cl or ebay. I found a 1.5hp big bastard for $75 on cl but the dude wont get back to me on the RPM’s or the voltage.

Kenny if you can check lemmi know and ill scoop it up asap if it fits the bill! thanks!!!

The one I have is a Craftsman Model 818320. 1.5HP and 3850 RPM and I forgot to look, but I’m almost positive its 110.

thats a big boy!

HUMMMM!?!?!

check yo PM’s!

It’s a table saw motor, I’d imagine that it’s 110v

nvmd: pm didn’t show up right away.

Exactly my thinking… I just forgot to verify it for sure… lol.

1.5 HP aprox. continuous rated.

Model # 818320

3450 RPM

120/240 volt

13/6.5 amp

Dual capacitor start

Frame 56

Single 5/8" Keyed shaft

:cone

damn… I googled it an all I found was links to parts… lol. I fail apparently.

10hp 3phz 460 volt? No? Got a few cheap.

How small is this lathe that you’re using only 3/4hp or is it just a wood lathe converted over? Step it up to more HP then gear down the reduction to work. If the machine cuts threads you must maintain input RPM. I’ve got routers with more HP :lol Should convert to 220 but if you don’t have it there then that’s ok.

I’ve got some other whimpvolt motors here though, half a dozen or so. Can look tomorrow at them if you call me to remind me.

Thats a little big! LOL

Its a Logan 10X24 that a good friend brought over for us to use and him to teach me on. Its got an old dryer 1/2hp motor on it from who knows where, and after he did the math its only hitting 1086 rpm at the spindle with it.

We have 220 at 2 drops so far, one for the compressor (near the lathe) and one for the welders & plasma… 2or 3 more are getting run soon. So we will convert at that point maybe.

I am swinging by tomorrow to get that 1.5 3500rpm one from Mr. ZJ and Ryan will have to redo his pulley calculations. We will try that one out.

The max on that motor is 3hp, should be a decent motor for the job.

not sure if you found one yet, but i’ve got a 2.5hp 220v 56 frame motor you can have. Its the old pump from my hot tub. The actual pump failed and i upgraded the whole thing to a 3hp.

I did get that one from Kenny, but one can never have enough motors! What RPM is it?

2 speed. 1750 and 3500.

BADASS ill take it. PM coming your way buddy

KK is happy ITT