Anyone make a DIY carb sychronizer?

I just got done jetting my GS1000 and have it running “OK” but I would like to synchronize the carbs to make sure everything is flowing ok. I looked at legit carb synchronizer’s and cant justify spending $100+ on a tool that I will rarely use. I jumped on Google and checked for “DIY carb synchronizer” and came up with a few hits. Most of the posts that I read are a list of supplies but there arent any step by step directions. Have any of you built your own carb synchronizers? Pics of said setup? Guidance?

If do find out how to do this, let me know. You’ll get a better response from your post on GSresources than you will on here. Those guys live and breathe our bikes.

you can buy a carb synchronizer for about $50 shipped on ebay. I have used the ebay one and it worked just fine in comparison to the $100+ ones

And if Dr. and moto split it it’s only 25 dollars each.

I’ve got this if you’d like to borrow it. I tend not to loan/rent tools, but it’s a very rare occasion that I need it

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2007/Indy/MP_SyncPro.jpg

There are a bunch of DIY’s online.
Most use a yard stick, oil, and some plastic tubing.

I have yet to make one. I was planning on it, but not until I replace my needle jets (emulsion tubes)

I think the problems people have with them are with how they implement a restriction in the line.

I appreciate the offer but Im in NC and I doubt you want to ship it down to me :oj:

The restriction is to calm the flow of the fluid so its not jumping all over the place, correct?

Jason when I’m at that point over the winter, might I be able to borrow it? I’d be willing to leave a deposit for piece of mind :tup:

Easy way is to buy the number of vaccum gauges you need, attach rubber hoses, sync carbs. Done.

I have been told that there is a way to do it with a paper towel core and listening to the carbs (told by an old triumph spit fire owner) but I have no clue how the hell that would work or even be accurate.