Anyone own or know owners of smart cars?

I hear through the grape vine that the tdi vw’s are going to be aloud in ny again? i dont want to put all these miles on my nice shit, id rather drive something fuel smart that I dont need to worry about wear and tear.

yes that is true they are passing the emissions soon i believe…

i was in PA last week and stopped into a VW in erie, they said in the next few months the test models will be coming in and people will be able to order, so i would check around with local dealerships

[quote=nelstoys;932228 going to be aloud in ny again? [/quote].:bloated:

.:bloated:

its actually 40-50mpg, I am so sick of people thinking that TDIs get near 60mpg. They don’t. Not even when they are modded sorry.

But yes the new TDIs should be at Dealers in NY this fall

it all depends how you drive it… keep it near 55 mph highway and youre going to be in the mid to high 50’s… city is usually around 40-45

ratings are weird, they say my kia gets 33 mpg highway, i got 39.9 on my last trip at 65 mph

If you do 55mph on the Highway with no AC or heat, windows closed in the mid west with your tires at 42psi and not stopping at all the whole tank, with no traffic at all then yes you might mid 50s

When I had my TDI my best tank was 52mpg and it was painful to drive so slow for so long.

I really doubt you will see high 50s.

nice… why did you get rid of it? ive been trying to get into one for awhile

I really don’t know, It was getting up there in miles 175k I think when I sold it. I do miss going to NYC and back on just over 1 tank of gas.

I may pick up a new TDI wagon in the fall, but IDK.

i would say tdi if you wanna do diesel if not go Hyundai Elantra! XM radio, 5spd manual is available, and 87 octane all day! Plus you can get into one for $13k! Also it was one of consumer reports top picks, just stop out to Towne Hyundai and see Sean Kipp(sales manager) tell him Cal sent you and he will hook you up, i worked there for over a year before moving to Atl. Pm me with anyother questions, but seriously before you throw down cash just stop in and drive one!