Anyone own or know owners of smart cars?

Im going to look and probly order 1 today. Does anyone have any feedback on how they are in the snow? Im deff getting 1 to drive to work and back.

dont know either but there was one at the auto-x yesturday lol

You seem to have lots of cars, just drive another one when the snow is bad

BREETIME has one. I’m sure he’ll chime in.

That was Randy Zimmer at the event yesterday. It’s not the fastest car in the world. He was telling me that it has sensors that can tell if it is in danger of tipping over, so it cuts the motor automatically - he said the motor ran for about 10 seconds of the entire course.

I’ve driven BREETIME’s smart car.

I mean…its a 90 hp tiny car thats great on gas…

Don’t expect more than that. Lots of people wave at you though…

they arent even that great on gas i am hearing from teh reviews

+1

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/micro_machines/2008_smart_fortwo_passion_coupe_road_test

Its short wheelbase (73.5 inches) results in a nerve-jangling ride on neighborhood streets that are raggedy, a place where, oddly, it is supposed to shine as the perfect errand boy. And there’s no overcoming the minuscule cargo space, although if you cram stuff up to the headliner, the room swells to 12 cubic feet, and the passenger seatback folds down flat. Our test vehicle got a disappointing 32 mpg overall, not the 50 or 60 mpg it looks like it should deliver, and the tiny engine requires pricey 91-octane fuel.

Buy a Honda Fit. Way more practical, just as good on gas, and it runs on 87.

You have to use 91 on that dinky ass engine???
So cost of 91 and 32mpg doesn’t even make it worth it.

Couldn’t have said it better.

plus, a boring automatic is the only transmission avail.

We test drove one, interesting little car. Don’t expect to walk in and buy one. 2yr wait. Going to need to play the orphan lottery if you want to get one soon. I too was surprised the gas mileage wasn’t all that stellar.

Hmm ill do some reserch before i head to the smart car center today. Also looking at a new mini cooper s at towne bmw. Ill let everyone know if i buy 1 or the other. I just want something small for the 50 mile round trip to work and back.

im not TRYING to be a dick… but you always talk about how ur buygin this car and that car… and yet…:newman:

you can be the first person to ever pinstripe a smart car :smiley:

why the hell would you want a manual in an underpowered POS? waste of time and effort. You can powershift and move the sundial a little faster on your 0-60.

someone i know has one. me and about 8 other guys picked it up and carried it from one end of the parking lot to the other and hid it on the owner. made for some good laughs.

You need to get one from canada…3 cylinder turbo diesel…not a shitty american version.

fixed

I’m sure with some blizzaks it would be fine in the snow…