I feel...well...wierd just for thinking about this

On my hunt for a new DD in the spring I came onto this.
I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts on this car was. With increasing gas prices it might be a good financial move.

I think they look kind of ‘neat’ I guess and I wouldn’t mind the tight space. Hell I love mini’s.

I dunno, I don’t know much about these cars.

http://www.smartusa.com/index.aspx

For sub $12k plus options and such.

“Engineering and testing continues to take place on the vehicle that will be produced for the United States. The vehicle is designed to achieve 40 plus mpg under normal driving conditions and current standards. The gas tank of the smart fortwo is 8.7 gallons.”

In the world of large SUVs and 70-80mph on the highway…I would be afraid to drive this…

not my cup of tea.

i think i’ve seen one driving around williamsville / cheektowaga a handful of times.

That being said, don’t ever get into an accident, it looks like it wouldn’t fair well. Though I’m sure they had to have been crash tested.

i rode around in jay smolinski’s dad’s smart. It was pretty awesome. but people will hate on you for it. If you are not embarrassed to drive it. I say do it.

it appears to be pretty safe actually.

Oh, I drive a beretta like a sports car, I am not embarresed to drive anything.

“But for those who routinely drive on the highway, the Fortwo just doesn’t make sense – even if it gets phenomenal gas mileage.”

Nevermind…

i seen one of these at d’youville.It looks like an old lady or a gay guy would drive

I cant Imagine getting nailed by an SUV in one of these

they are all over toronto … seem to hold up on the QEW quite well too

Sub 12k could get you a nice VW TDI.

i think im going to buy myself a honda fit in the near future for my commuter car. i like them a lot for some odd reason get good mileage and a little sporty i guess

[quote=“mindless,post:13,topic:38559"”]

i think im going to buy myself a honda fit in the near future for my commuter car. i like them a lot for some odd reason get good mileage and a little sporty i guess

[/quote]

yes, the FIT SPORT is honestly not bad at all…just godd damn slow as piss…great for money, mpg…

Hey i wanted a mini cooper.

[quote=“Griff,post:11,topic:38559"”]

they are all over toronto … seem to hold up on the QEW quite well too

[/quote]

I also saw a few over there as well, but all the traffic was flying by them. Great idea but as stated before not practicle for constant thruway use.

If I lived in a city, and never drove outside of a city, I’d seriously consider one.

But if you need highway travel, get a TDI or a Honda.

Theyre kinda cool, and i hear they do GREAT in crash tests for how little and light they are. I think they get a dam good crash rating, and they get excellent fuel economy, so id say go for it.

I’m gonna have to test drive one in the spring when they are available.

I don’t think i’d buy one due to saftey. Plus a TDI is very nice.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v151/150/31/15705538/n15705538_33841924_5168.jpg

Where I placed the red lines, there doesn’t seem to be enough room.
Well for fatties at least.