Anyone that works at hsbc mind answering a quick mortgage question for me?

I’m looking into getting started with the first time buyers club at hsbc. I’ve read all the fine print but there is nothing that goes into detail about the kind of house youre allowed to buy… If I buy a multiple (2 or 3) unit house am I still eligible for the program as long as the house remains my primary residence for at least 5 years? Thanks a lot for the response

Myself and a few others I know have used this program to buy 2-unit properties. :tup:

:word: you’re good to go as long as it’s 1-4 unit.

is there a maximum income limit?

If you are talking about SONYMA then yes it is ok for a 2 unit property. I did it. nyhomes.org is the website with the information, and yes there is an income limit.

Technically you have to hold the house for 5 years, but I have heard stories that SONYMA is not going after the grant money if you don’t volunteer to give it back to them and sell it before 5 years.

was 55000 as of last year.

Thanks for the info everyone, that’s great news. As for the guy who asked about income limits, for a single person In erie county with the hsbc program the income limit is 52k. One more question, im also hearing about all these fha and sonyma loans and whatnot. If I use the hsbc program is there anything stopping me from also taking advantage of these? Thanks again everyone

Nothing will stop you from using the other programs. For whatever reason the people selling the house were funny about what loan I was using so I did First Home Club and FHA.

great info in here, cougarspeed did you have to use hsbc for your mortgage in order to use the first time buyers club money?

Mine was through M&T but the same program and then I did use them for the loan although I am not sure if I had to or not. Joe will know for sure but I would assume yes. I really liked this program it was a small amount of added work and the payoff was right at closing.

interesting, my accounts are all m&t and i wouldnt mind staying with them. The thing is I dont see where they have a similar program to hsbc? heres the first time homebuyer page: http://wholesalemortgageeast.mtb.com/page/49/FirstTimeHomebuyerPrograms.aspx

all they seem to have are sonyma, fha and VA loans which arent anything that I couldnt already do with any bank. Do I have to go to a branch and ask in person?

Yeah just go in there. Unless they recently stopped doing it for some reason. I simply went in and set it up.