Anyone work at a Jeep dealership?

A great trip to indy has turned very sour. Almost exactly 100 miles from home my wifes jeep decided to cough up the water pump. From what i can tell, the shaft completely broke because the fan is just completely loose. She has the lifetime powertrain on it and every thing i can find online says its covered ( i am stuck in syracuse right now waiting for my dad while the jeep is getting towed home so i cant check the warranty paperwork) but i would like to get an idea on how much of a fight this is going to be. It is a 2008 Liberty with only 37kmi so there is no reason the pump should have broken already. We bought the jeep from goldsteins in latham.

What warranty did you buy? If you had the standard 3yr/36 your done. If you bought an extended it depends what you got. If its a bumper to bumper your golden,if it’s a powertrain it may be a grey area.

Edit: god forbid I read the whole post. With the lifetime powertrain it could go either way. I would like to believe it’s covered as it’s bolted to the damn motor, but they may view it as a wear item. I would just call the dealer and ask. It’s gonna be up to the service manager no matter what, regardless what you hear from another dealer.

If I remember right Goldstein has an extended warranty but it might only be for powertrain, in which case the waterpump probably isnt covered. They most likely see it as an accessory, despite being a necessary part.

Warranties have so many loopholes its ridiculous.

I do and I will help you immediately just bring it in.

It was a long night. Once I got home I looked at the warranty card and the pump is listed as covered. So I called Armory and they said that yes it is covered but their next appointment isn’t until next Tuesday and they don’t do loaner vehicles… so now we get to etiher quickly teach the wife how to drive stick or get a rental car for the week. Then I get to figure out how to get it there since I used my AAA just to get it home. Looks like I’ll be getting my flatbed trailer fixed up and use-able again.
What a joyous end to an otherwise awesome weekend.

why not call another dealer? Langan, Goldstein, Saratoga, Zappone, etc?

no more langan jeep

I did end up bringing it to Goldstein. I prefer Armory’s service department but I had to get it in. So we towed it over and hopefully they won’t try hitting me with stupid shit…

Get a rental car with full coverage. You’ll thank me later :rofl

Armory’s service was absolutely terrible. I would never bring my car there again!

I’ve always had great service by Armory. I’ve never really had to go through Goldsteins, but I’ve heard horror stories. We shall see how this works out. I have a feeling they will try to hit me for the cost of the serp. belt but the one that came off had absolutely no damage so I tucked it under the seat. That way if they try to pull some crap I’ll tell them where it is and have them throw the old one back on. Hopefully they will just replace it since it came off due to the failure of the covered part…

Idk if dodge can cover jeep warranty but I have a bunch of friends that work at Albany dodge and I know the service writer Steve and the service maneger Kevin jones

Edit. Looks like I’m a bit late on that one

stephens jeep dodge in greenwich has flatbed service and loaner service, along with awesome techs

Still waiting to hear from Goldsteins. If they try to pull any shady shit I will be going back over with the trailer and bringing it somewhere else. But hopefully everything will be good.

Just got the call from Goldsteins. It was the water pump (which there wasn’t a doubt in my mind) and it is fully covered under warranty. The only part that is not covered and if I really wanted to fight it I could, but its just not worth the hassle, is the serp. belt. I know that the belt isn’t covered, but it was the pump failure that caused the belt to be damaged… but again, its not worth the hassle. Hopefully should be getting it back later today.

I’m kind of surprised they won’t cover the belt too, I mean seriously even if its not under warranty, what that would put the dealership out like $10. What happened to good customer service?

It’s pretty normal for customers to have to pay that, but only the cost of the part. They are removing it anyway to replace the pump.

Yeah, $10 in parts, but a full hour in labor for 5 mins of work cause they charge minium. :rofl

They said its around $40 for the belt (no labor). Its between $20 - $30 at Advance Auto and I’d rather pay the extra $10 so they can’t bitch later on about it not being an OEM belt and all that crap.

Yeah, I hear ya, but I meant the cost to them not the cost to customers, I’m sure the belt didn’t cost them more then $10-$15 TOPS.