Split: St2'Baltqueerlovesthedealership Vs Shift regulars

[quote=“88slowmarro”"]

ahahahahahahahaha:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl.i hope ya liked it

[/quote]

Well, I certainly don’t like the price.

But seeing how my car is still under warranty, I don’t want to chance messing it up by doing my own work/modding it. So I’ll pay it and not complain.

After all (when my car had just 5k on it) the slave cylinder in the clutch leaked, causing it to slip.

The dealer replaced the entire clutch assembly for FREE w/o any hassles.

They told me it would have cost me over $1500 if they didn’t cover it. :slight_smile:

as long as ya show slips ,there is no reason to have to go to the dealer for service ,and they cant deny warr work as long as proof of serv was there

With prices like that, how is GM doing so bad??

Only telling you exactly what he told me. I didn’t bother researching it, because I really didn’t care.

I’m just keeping myself on the up-and-up with the dealer so that if something REALLY big breaks, they’ll remeber you as being a good customer.

Then they’ll do things like cover a $1500 entire clutch unit replacement w/o giving you any hassles.

Yup.

lol

trust me ,they dont care …esp now wit the way the buis is now

Technically, you are correct.

But when it comes to making an iffy call like replacing the entire clutch assembly on a car with just 5k on it, they can make your life miserable if they want (“you beat on it”, “you were racing it”, “you didn’t shift correctly”, etc.).

They replaced the clutch because the car had 5,000 miles on it and the slave was leaking. If it had over 12k or whatever the total coverage is then they would have told you to f-off :lol

Didn’t you know the slave was leaking though… I mean, the car would eventually be losing brake fluid over time, would it not?

I disagree.

Can’t tell you how many stories the Service Manager relayed to me about denying certain customer’s claims.

But being there on a regular basis and having them do the service DOES help you out when other things go wrong.

I proved that with my clutch replacement.

It helps … trust me.

Are you a good personal friend of his? Of course they will say that, it’s to keep you coming back for more service work and for him to get his commission from you. :lol

Not really. With clutches (no matter how many miles are on the car), they could say you beat on it and that’s that.

They said they were hesitant and/or actually rejected making repairs on certain cars based on vehicle modifications/customer behavior.

Didn’t you know the slave was leaking though… I mean, the car would eventually be losing brake fluid over time, would it not?

I checked the fluid at that time (happened last year), and all looked ok. But really, how much fluid does one have to get on the clutch disc before it will actually slip at higher rpm’s?

My guess is not much …

^Man still crying over his car getting whacked while at the dealership.

LOL

P.S. The guy told me DETAILS (which I won’t divulge here) about the claims they had denied. No bs’ing was going on there …

I’m actually kind of glad that it got damaged at the dealer. I don’t care about it as much now as I did back then. haha

like i said before if ya belive the dealer b/s ill sell ya some shit …i did it for yrs why do ya think i dont anymore …and they are liabil for your clutch if anything mechanical goes on it esp fluid contamination

Nope.

I heard the DETAILS where a newer 'Balt SC like mine (that also had clutch problems) had their clutch warranty DENIED on the spot.

Can’t say anymore about it …

:thumbup:retardclap

Yeah, but I’m a car guy like you and that must have sucked.

Still, glad you were able to put all that behind you!

Glad I was finally able to get through to you. :wink:

For a minute there, I thought you were hopeless!

He’s a big retard, no gettin through to him!!

not i sir ,i do all my own work