i just want my car back the way it used to be

Dealership malfunction… the spring on the side of my clutch broke last week. dealership recommend new clutch assembly. took my 08 ser spec, waited for 4 hours, supposed to be 1 hour. they accidentally broke my master brake cylinder, replaced with a used MBC from an extra used spec on the lot. took it home after wards, result… a weird vibration on my clutch pedal and gas from first gear to 3rd gear. and a small sound from my clutch to the flywheel. like metals heating each other. next day took it to different dealership, to check whats going on… not part of the warranty anymore , they will have to charge me…this is crazy shit…

The worst!!! they even lied to me that the spring hit the Master brake cylinder…awful lie…

Dude your car is a 08 Spec V. How the hell is it off warranty? You have a 5 year 100000 Km Power train warranty. Are you over 100,000 KM’s? And Transmissions are a problem with those cars. I say take it back to the first dealer and let them fix there problem. That’s BS. If you need NECC members to come with you I’d be glad too… Also what dealership if you don’t mind me asking.

i have 26k on it… they just told me to bring it back to the same mechanic or dealership who fixed it … because they don’t know what they did to the clutch assembly… if i want it to them they have to charge…

and another thing , they forgot to tighten up my intake, i have to tighten it by myself at home… and the plastic that goes straight to the air filter is broken… i’m just surprise, how they manage to fucked my car…

thanks bro… I’ll take this back , and get it fixed … its really time consuming but , anyways … i just want to say something… probably my frustration about this… i’m new to this site… …so thanks again…

yeah man that shits all warranty. I have an 07’SpecV moded out and it still is covered under warranty.(except to the fags at West End Nissan). I had my allternator go and Sherwood Warrantied it and I had a Stillen Lightweight pully, header, intake, catless exhaust. ect.

Yeah everything should be under warranty. There is a recall out for the Brake Master Cylinder anyways so make sure they check into that as well as the side air bag curtain recall. If they messed it up they should fix it regardless. If they still try and mess around with you, take up with the General Manager of the dealership. If that doesn’t get you anywhere, I’m sure that Nissan Canada will be able to help you out.

I’m surprised that there are a lot of dealerships out there like this. Mine has been exceptionally good to me.

Oh as an FYI to most B16ners, get your positive battery clamp changed over to the old style of clamp and not the new one that have installed. Mine ended up breaking in two parts and causing me a headache and uncertainty of whether my connection would stay while driving.

Man that sucks, nothing like shitty mechanics making the rest of us honest ones look like idiots. I’d say definitely take it back and demand they fix their fuck up, it’s not your fault they don’t know what they are doing.

update on it… luckily nutin major on it… took it back yesterday to the dealership… found out the intake box is not properly installed. at acceleration the box is hittin the firewall like crazy … creating a vibration, anyways … i guess the first mechanic didn’t properly put it back together. or forgot to tight the screwss…

hope they fix EVERYTHING and then some … i would be major pissed, good luck :slight_smile:

I’d be pretty pissed if a hired mechanic that is supposed to know his Nissans “forgot” too tight some screws. I would be how are you compensating me. What Dealer?