04 Spec V broken?

A friend of mine has a 04 Spec V…nice nice car. Has about 30K on it and still under warrenty. Today for no reason, it wonuld not want to go into gear. YES I KNOW, push in the clutch. I DID and still wont go into gear. Got anything guys?

yea have it towed to a dealer…warranty FTW…sounds like slave or clutch master

check under where ur pedals are for brake/clutch fluid

hmmmm ok cool
you think that shit is cover under warrenty. When ever something went on my car they are like OOOHHH WELL…since you didnt wash the car it made the clutch slip causing this and that…BS Excuses!

is this reverese or a forward gear?

sometimes the transmission doesnt always like to go into reverse the first time you try, and just push the clutch in agian

check
www.thevboard.com for more in depth help or questions, that should help you out

but yea, since its under warranty just let nissan deal with it

I got a suggestion…if your bring it in for warranty…Don’t leave numbers on the window from drag racing it at the track…and don’t leave screws out of the air box because you switched back from your CAI.

Some jerk off on the board brought a Spec V into autoplace when I worked there…left numbers from drag racing on the window…and its funny because a lot of the techs there drag race…then decided to blame me because I worked there and was at the track when he was…

no a the clutch itself wont be covered but the slave and master should be…if its the proble,…and yes Deuce is right…sometimes reverse is a bitch on all cars…u need to double clutch it…but i got a feeling u mean all gears

REVERSE ON ALL MY CARS PLUS THIS sPECv sux BUT NO ITS EVERY GEAR THAT WONT WORK
Caps sorry

Yea…as far as I know they will cover parts like slave and master but the clutch is like brakes…they wear differently depending on driver…again Throwout Bearing i dunno they could say driver caused it…check the master for low fluid and if it is tow it to the dealer so they see it was low

Yea…as far as I know they will cover parts like slave and master but the clutch is like brakes…they wear differently depending on driver…again Throwout Bearing i dunno they could say driver caused it…check the master for low fluid and if it is tow it to the dealer so they see it was low

fluid “looked” on the money

meh…take it to the dealer let them fix it

just cause there seemed to be fluid in the resivior doesnt mean that a piston isnt busted in a cylinder. have ur buddy push the clutch and watch the slave cylinder to see if its moving the clutch.

where is the slave? mounted on the tranny right?

^^^ yes, the clutch fork comes out of the tranny, and the slave cylinder pushes it. if its not pushing the clutch fork, then the clutch is not disengaging and it wont go into gear

cool, I remember seeing all of that when I did my clutch and flywheel on my GSRT. Just remembered it. Thanks

OK WELL, ITS FIXED
Turns out 5th and 6th gear were broken and the parts that came off them jammed the other gears…I GUESS. The dealer fixed everything and even took care of the tow charge.
REVERSE still sux, if not worse!
My teg and S2 ya gotta give a little muscle to put it in R
In the Spec V it takes me like 5 FRIG’N times! Are they all like this?

wow, that sucks. was the car under warranty?