fml b6 s4 clutch

anyone here ever replace a b6 s4 clucth ?

i went auto xing with the gf today and as she shifted from 1st to second the pedal just dropped and there was nothing in left. car wouldnt go into gear and i towed it home. im not sure if its the clucth or the master but i have never done or even looked at either. Anyone have the same problems or issues where it was somethign minor? i hope its not the clutch and i hope i dont have to drop the motor.

any suggestions on what to look at ? anyone ever do one on this car ? any advice is appreciated. and when i start to do the clutch anyone wana help lol

ouch… i have a feeling its slave cyclinder but don’t quoute me… try posting on audizine… if you do end up doing the clutch i’d be willing to help… a little LOL

haha thanks man, i have class and final projects due this week but this upcoming weekend if your free and wana give me a hand taking a look at those two that would be great, either of those in the bell housing? i think they are outside it on the side of the tranny but not sure

i need help getting started so just tell me where to look and ill do some more research on it

Slave cylinder, time to do chains and clutch

make this same post on audizine and ask where the slave cyclinder is, and i got finals this week so im gonna be hard pressed on time but if i have a min i’d come to take a peek at it

yeah no problem man, just shoot me a txt or call over the weekend if your free i dont wana bother you if your swamped with work as it is finals week and all

i posted the same stuff on audizine so we will see what everyone says, ive got my fingers crossed

as for the chains and clutch at the same time, im not sure im ready or know how to do anything on this motor, and i dont want to fuck the timing up and open up pandoras box.

i think that i can just drop the trans and do the clutch without dropping the motor … maybe lol

Should’ve followed man law 25

“25: It is acceptable for you to drive her car. It is not acceptable for her to drive yours.”

Never would have happened.

haha chuck

lol na it would have gone either way, if she was driving or not i dont blame her but
now i just need to figure out how to fix it and what elese to do while im in there.

prlly going to tackle that issue this weekend and i will prlly take pics of the
whole thing because i dont see any write ups with photos of the process

can you not resurface or reuse the flywheel on s4s?
i have done it on plenty of cars but some people are saying you cant

You can reuse it, you should resurface it

hey areo is your car for sale i see a CL ad with the same picture that you posted of your car?

yeah, timing chain talk got me freaked so i posted a cl ad for it but no i obviously cant sell it cus of the clutch,

someone on audizine said you cant resurface or reuse it i just wanted to check with others to see if in fact you cannot.

thanks chris

is it a DMF? Most DMFs can’t be resurfaced without special equipment…

Yea they are dual mass, they can be resurfaced though

new development: seems to work now, my dad drove it and said it goes into gear and shifts fine, theres a clutch pedal and it feels normal ?

any ideas on what it could be ? cooked brake fluid? slave ? going clutch ?

Maybe it got extremely hot

yeah maybe, but whats that say about my clutch ( weak i assume )? lol

This problem has nothing at all to do with the actual clutch and it being strong, weak, slipping or not. Theres something wrong with the mater cylinder, slave cylinder, or lines running to them

Sounds to me like the trade in soon light is on.