audi s4 advice

so last week i went outside my comfort zone ( bmw cars ) and bought an audi
a 2004 audi s4 black on black and so far i like it alot and the top gear description is pretty spot on about how it compares to my other car ( e46 m3 )

Any suggestions from the vw/ audi guys on here for forums?
anything i should look for in particular to fix first ? ( prevent. maint. )
and lastly suggestions for wheels that look best

i dont know anything about these cars so any help is appreciated !

nice purchase!

Good shit dude. I would love to pick up a b7 s4 personally. But the b6/b7 seem like they perform great. Longtubes, exhaust, suspension and wheels. Done deal!

thanks dude, hopefully it will serve me well and i want to stance it out a bit so im gonna need some help lol

Advice…put oil in it, i just checked its low

follow the book when it comes to maintenance. B6 S4 timing chains are a big job. and require the engine to come out, if you arent mechanically inclined, or have a good deal on repairs somewhere its a VERY pricey job.

if you mess it up, or dont do it. good luck. engines arent cheap

i can do some work on my own, clutches on bmws and saabs pretty simple stuff, pulled out motors in saabs and bmws, hopefully this isnt too different

i have never dug into a motor to do a timing chain or vanos unit so i will deff need help and advice from more experienced members on here

yeah i hear do the maint. as often as possible, which i intend to

from audi world

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/52044/s4v8-2.jpg

FUCK THATTTTTTTTTTTTT, no id prolly do it

oh my godddddddddddd. id quit if i had to do that job lol

ooooh shit …

do i start enlisting help now ? lol

its like a VR6, but 2.5 times.

I look at that pic and just ask, WHY

right lolol thats such a shit design .

only way to make the 4.2 short enough to fit a B chassis was to do the compact chains.

should have just turbo’d the 3.0 instead

id say turbz would of been wayyyyy better , even the ones that smoke all the time lol

over engineering

anyone have any personal experiance with these breaking ? ( from what i read its rare? )
twomodified have u had any issues?

now im worried but to be fair mk4 warned me before about this problem in the s4 ( while i was selling my m5 ), one of the reasons i bought an m3

Well whats the mileage? Gotta do the job soon?

120k, 1 owner who traded it on a new s4, has 27 service records on the carfax too from his visits to the dealer for service