audi s4 advice

Oh boy 120k without the chains done

damn it … quit freaking me out

from what i hear the S4’s are pretty solid. I havent had any problems except my power steering lines were damaged and it cost $2200.00 to fix, Made the dealer pay for that. I think it has one of the nicest interiors. Get the audi nav plus out of a b7 youll love it. Also upgraded exhaust sounds mean on these things.

yesss RNS-E!

Why on earth does the timing chain need to be replaced under ‘regular maintenance’ in the first place?

Nice car man!

It’s not usually the chains although they can stretch. Usually the guides are what need replacing and you just do the chains because you’re in there.

i believe most rick roll dealerships suggest this at some mileage w/ most vehicles

ask big red about VW/Audi timing chains.

if you take it somewhere its ALOT. figure 95-105/hr for audi service. R&R is probably about 12hours each way, so 2400 labor, plus a clutch(would be dumb to not change it) plus timing parts and anything else… youre looking at easily a 5k job.

my friend did it at his dealer after tax it cost the guy almost 10 grand to do a chain/clutch service.

Jesus H Christ.

btw any audi vw meets count me in, i wana start going to events and shows now so anyone knows of any let me know as well as local events and track days

holy god that pic looks scary

It’s only an engine Bob

for a timing chain holy shit though .

OP dun fucked up buyin dis sheet

:rofl

Can’t offer any technical advice other than to say update your resume and make $hit up if ya have to 'cause you will need a six figgy salary to keep it running. J/k.

Lmao I’m fucked

Sell now, cut your losses. Why do you need a M3 and a S4 at the same time?

Gf drives the m3 and I drive the s4, maybe I will throw it up on craigslist just to see what happends

dont listen to these guys if you look at the Bentley Manual Maintenance Schedule says nothing about timing chain replacement

Found this in the Audi Training Guide on the 4.2 FSI engine:
“Correct chain tension is ensured by hydraulic tensioners. The chain drive is maintenance-free and designed for lifetime service.”