Army of 2

im really surprised no ones posted this yet…

comes out tue, cant wait

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1VuxVcZnaA

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/a/armyoftwo/

Looks pretty cool. I’ll wait for the reviews to see what my next move is.

This game gets TWO :tup: :tup: from me. Graphics are smooth/realistic. Gameplay is close to the same mapping of Halo n such. Im not a hardcore gamer but, I played this game for 4hrs. straight last night.

looks good, but…

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 >>>>>> ****

/thread

a door is Not bulletproof.

:tup: from me. Play with the b-inlaw for a while on Saturday. The whole “aggro” thing is an interesting twist. Basically if you make a whole lot of noise firing a lot, tossing grenades etc you gain “aggro” and start to glow red. When this happens all the bad guys are drawn to you and your partner can move about pretty much undetected. So he sneaks around and flanks a bunch of enemies and you can attack from both sides.

The ability to keep firing while you’re down and being dragged to a safe spot to be healed is pretty cool too. Addresses one of the real shitty parts of co-op when you get taken out in the open and anyone who tries to save you gets shot up trying to heal you. This way as their dragging you back behind cover to get patched up you can blast away and force guys to stay behind cover.

Ripping off the car door and having the guy stay behind you shooting was pretty cool too. Realistic, no, but neither is getting shot and being magically healed in 4 seconds.

i should try it single player, didnt really look that good when i saw it tho, but ill take your words for it, since i havnt played it.

Not sure how it would be playing alone since it’s so heavily co-op based. I’d imagine much less fun.

yeah thats why i never downloaded it.

played it yesterday, thought it was pretty cool. A LOT like Kayne and Lynch but less sadistic

Can you play with more than 2 people at a time?

Neg. The campaign is locked at two people, and online multi is 2v2 teams, with other neutrally aggressive A.I. bad guys around.

Played it through last week. Lots of fun, would play again. On medium difficulty it’s challenging enough to be fun while still letting you feel like a bad ass. The aggro and weapon customization are really fun, and are the mechanics that push the game to “fun” from “ok” for me. Now i’m looking forward to playing it on the unlocked hardest difficulty and getting the rest of the weapons I want. :slight_smile:

Couple of my problems with the game; The story certainly isn’t gonna win any awards. The melee attack mechanic is iffy. The game can’t tell when you wanna shoot or melee sometimes, so you end up just shooting your heavy machine gun from a foot away while the guy you’re trying to kill turns around and kicks you in the balls, then shoots you while you’re laying on the ground. The whole campaign is maybe 8-10 hours start to finish, and the ending was rather abrupt, so it could stand to be a tad longer. One more level or two would have been better for length. The two vehicle sections feel kinda tacked on and just kinda take you out of the good stuff in the game, which is the run-and-gun firefights.

Anyway, :tup: from me. Enjoyed it a lot. Word of warning though; DON’T play it solo. The partner A.I. isn’t awful, but it isn’t very GOOD either, and you’ll have way less fun.

its pretty good… takes some serious getting used to… so many button combos to do different things, and when youre getting shot at by 50 dudes it makes it hard to stop and think bout which ones to do

i must say, the suicide bombers cracked me up lol

It def. had its faults. It DEF ends too early, but wtf…it seems that ALOT of 360 games are like that. Also, there was 2 times I would get knocked off my feet by a shot, or grenade, ect and I would be stuck in a certain area, till I does (since I was running in place). Also, I was hoping for more unlockables. The achivements are rather bland too.
BUT, the game play (to me) was really addicting. Most games I can get to a check point and just shut it off and do whatever. This game, I was like, “ok, next checkpoint I’ll shut it down.”