AT&T To Monitor and Filter P2P traffic

http://www.dailytech.com/ATT+Your+World+Unless+We+Say+Otherwise/article10458.htm

Looks like they saw comcasts move and decided to do the same.

Im waiting for Anonymous and other Internet communities to strike back

I’m sure it wont take long to find a work around (providing encrypting the transfer doesn’t work)

Wouldnt this exclude them from the safe harbor protection?

good. for the most part file sharing is illegal file sharing. they should monitor and hand over the logs of those breaking the law

well, encrypting the traffic could slow things down, if configured correctly… but im not up to speed on how the current clients do it… im betting its not a very secure connection based on your post.

This will just start an on going battle…

Someone will come up with a work around as soon as its put in place…

Companies limiting P2P is all about their infastructure. They would really prefer not to max out their pipes for people swapping movies over someone browsing the web.

“It’s like being in a store and watching someone steal a DVD,” said Stephenson. “Do you act?”

Hell no. I don’t buy the argument that they want to prevent stealing either. They are just more concerned with not maxing out their network for P2P (what they consider useless) traffic.

Are car companies preventing their cars from being used for breaking laws like speeding? No.

while a good point, I’m sure law enforcement isn’t loading the car manufacturers pockets to limit the speed of cars.

only time will tell

Yea but with cars each state has different speed limits, if i bought a NY car limited to 65, and move to texas then i’d sure as shit want it limited to 75, who would be in charge, and if can be changed on the fly, i’m sure it would be defeated easily.

Sure, but the majority of people using up bandwidth won’t be that smart. The part of the population that is savy enough to continue to pull from “cutting-edge” sources is small. They go after the large masses of morons than jump on the band wagn late.

Remember AT&T was caught for using cutting edge equipment for recording internet use for the NSA. I highly doubt a PGP key on your traffic is gonna avoid their deep packet inspections.