Adelphia and music downloads?

Thought I read it on here… but did a quick search and nothing came up…

Supposedly Adelphia is going to be monitoring that shit?? I have been debating going legal for awhile now and getting the yahoo music subscription or napster…

Anyone else heard any news on this… doesn’t this infringe on certain privacy issues??

I’ve heard rumors of this for a long while, but no credible evidence against or for it.

limewire.com

peerguardian :tup: I keep it on all day…works great

I heard that back in March that Adlephia was actively monitoring for p2p programs such as limewire, WinMX, etc. etc.

I also heard that Adelphia and MusicNet have launched Adelphia Music recently (go figure).

Download at your own risk.

Odd… I’ve also heard Adelphia was close to going out of business or bankrupt…

So who knows.

Who cares.

If you see me on the news, you’ll know they’re monitoring downloads.

lol they did back in 2002.

Bankrupt doesn’t mean out of business. I’m not sure which chapter they filed, but under one of them (11 I think?) they are allowed to remain in business as they restructure, like American Airlines and Delta and them are doing. If Adelphia just died we’d be fucked, the government can’t allow that.

They do not monitor it, the RIAA does. Then reports it, at which point if it’s reported it is then suspended for “copyright violations” in the TOS to avoid a costly lawsuit on both parties. Soon enough the adelphia name will be gone though.

The same applies to most ISPs.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443

^^ peerguardian. use it.

it blocks about 800,000,000 known IPs of anti-p2p agencies depending on your settings.

can you share subscriptions? I recommend we subscribe to yahoo/napster and whoever wants in, pays for like a month or something… and then we share the user/pass if thats possible.

The cases are mostly directed at the sites and distributors of the music downloads then every individual since that would be ridiculously costly, legally.

torrents & newsgroups > p2p.

I did hear that they were instilling a download cap tho. heresay…? :shrug:

The president of adelphia was thrown in jail for some kind of money scandal or something. Just about all of their assets were bought out by timewarner/comcast. Should see that transition coming in the future sometime. As for downloading, yeah ppl here are right, they are always watching no matter wat ISP you have, Download at ur own risk.

:word:

so… who wants to split a subscription.

:word:

torrents = p2p sharing

Torrents got me in trouble, actually my roomie. Got a nice yellow envelope with about 300 pages of our internet history, and every instance that someone tried to get a torrent from us… From what I understood it was because people could get it from us, not that we were downloading it.

true true, but I meant vs. the Napsters & morpheuse’s of the net.

That’s why so many people are stingy and don’t share / seed their files. You’re much more likely to get ‘caught’ or noticed if You are sharing 3500 files vs. simply downloading them. For the obvious reasons.

^^that’s what i figured you meant.