So my friend got a call from the RIAA...

dummy was using limewire but it was just a warning call. but it got me wondering can they track you downloading music off of websites such as mediafire, rapidshare and such? because that is where i find most of my stuff

whats “safer” than limewire?

newsgroups

everywhere else… but we need our lemmings to use limewire so they leave the good sites alone.

QFT

lol

Think of how many people use limewire…Now think of how the RIAA would find people who are downloading illegally. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel. Not to mention 99% of all computers that are infected that I deal with on a daily basis have limewire installed. Where does the infection stem from? Who would have guessed the limewire folder(s). All the places you download from are hotspots…and are notorious for viruses and malware. This is basically like doing heaters and drag racing while shooting a gun out the window and smoking crack in front of the police station. I love when people ask me “What’s better than limewire?” If you aren’t smart enough to find out yourself, you aren’t smart enough for me to tell you.

hahahahahah :rofl:

I don’t download stuff period so…

christ.

Tell your friend he’s a faggot. People spend alot of money to professionally press shit, they didnt record it for free in thier moms bsement.

Buy music, dont be poor.

You’re poor

I’m well above the poverty line.

Buying music is retarded. I’ll take my free music, please and thank you.

…Yep. With a side of movies, games, etc.

I’d be willing to bet that the people who download the most amount of torrents don’t even watch or listen to half of the stuff they download.

Its just like a hoarder getting more junk.

There are lots of digital “hoarders” out there. I’m a bit of a packrat because with the cost of storage and the fact that it doesn’t impact my living area I see nothing wrong with collecting music/software/whateverthefuckiwant on a hard drive. :wink:

are u sure it just wasnt the prank phone call app. that is out for the smart phones…because we were doing that to a guy at work

LOLZ…Usually, Your ISP sends out emails or letters. I’ve never heard of the RIAA calling people. :shrug:

Everything I have heard has been a letter from a lawyer representing the RIAA. I have never heard of the RIAA making house calls themselves.

The RIAA would have to subpoena your ISP for your personal records first. If the ISP actually complies [most times it’s a pretty please or a threat, but a court order can still occur] I doubt they will just call you, more like serve you with papers [aka lawsuit]. Tell your friend to keep using limewire, the honeypot needs bees :wink: