Downloading music on a new pc for a computer illiterate girl. Easiest way.

She had limewire on her last laptop but it seems to always cause problems, and torrents are wayyy to confusing for her.

What is a safer/easier alternative to limewire and torrents.

I just dont want her getting this new laptop all filled with viruses.

Ive installed AGV, itunes, mozilla, and aim on it.

THATS IT.

any other recommendations?

one of those sites that sell the songs “legally” for like 5 cents each.

Thats what i was thinking… any other options?

If it was easy, then it would be shut down, full of Feds etc.

If she doesn’t want to figure it out, Im sure some schmuck dude thinking he was going to get his dick wet would do it for her. Or tell her to just buy it.

Limewire isn’t exactly difficult. You search for the portion of the song name and download the MP3. If it says EXE, RAR, or anything else at the end it’s a virus/spyware.

Also, you could teach her? Computer illiterate people are only that way for so long until they can figure it out.

I heave heard of so many bad experiences with Limewire over the last few years but im not gonna lie, I have been using it for over 5 years now and have NEVER had a virus/problems…

I’ve only had a “whoops” misclick once, way back when it all first started and it was just a huge page of search results.

When I went into my music folder… “gee, that icon looks different…” and BAM, deleted.

It takes actually opening the file to be F)()@D

frostwire and peerguardian

you answered your own question.

this is like kids climbing trees… if they can’t get up there by themselves then tough luck and don’t help them or they’ll just fall down and hurt themselves.