Legit music downloads?

I know some of you must be like me: Grown up enough that you can afford to buy music and can’t afford to get bent over by RIAA.

Sure I could buy CD’s for $18 bucks a pop, rip them, and toss them in a box never to be touched again. But that’s kind of expensive and wasteful.

So what legit music downloading service do you use?

Pussy

itunes.

a recent study showed that limewire is on over 30% of the worlds computers… i guess people dont want to spend 40k filling their 400 dolla ipods…

google

alltunes

beatport, stompy

Not really mainstream music tho.

Well, those people must not be grown up enough to afford to buy music… unlike Mr. Fry.

:cjerk:

lol blow me kid

Edit: Yep, sho’nuff. You’re older than I am.

Anyhow…

Fry,

Do you care more about getting railed by the RIAA or more about the allure of maturity that comes along with purchasing music?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/BikerFry/srsly.jpg

I was joking about the whole “I’m old enough now” thing. I thought you guys knew better than to take me seriously? I’m trying to avoid having RIAA run a train on me.

I’ll probably still grab the wifey’s laptop and drive over to UB campus once in a while. I’ve got an IT account for the next 3 years so I can still safely steal music from resnet that way. I’m just talking about if there’s a song or album I really want and don’t want to go that route for whatever reason, how to do it?

wow… hit a sore spot eh?

little male pattern baldness show up too early in life james?

:stuck_out_tongue:

My barb was at iTunes and the Apple drones, not you persay. …And my point stands. :shrug:

That being said, I continue the usual means of torrents or newsgroups… i just don’t share as often. But I don’t care too much about my ratios, as I don’t DL that often.

lol naw I don’t have sore spots. Or bald spots. :mad:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, you’ve got a point. Every story I’ve heard about people getting in trouble have involved sharing, not downloading…

lol, Fry is an old fart. i love it.

in the past i’ve downloaded programs that will limit your upload to 0.01 kbps for any program you desire. if you really want to be a pure leech without giving back to the community, you may want to look into one of those

beatport
turntablelab

sometimes i just google around, but one thing i make sure is the site isn’t one of those shitty russian sites that doesn’t give the money to the artist. plus if i’m paying, i want 320 or wav/aiff…lol.

Same here… so I’ve been operating under that guise for a while now.

fry you could just get a second job working at the apple store where your itunes downloads would be free and legal and you will miss the anal raping of RIAA

www.mp3fiesta.com