Atv riders

Someone wants to trade me an 01 ds650 (stock) needs front brakes for my 01 400ex (stock) needs inner tie rod end. My question is, has anyone ridden both and can tell me how the ds compares to the 400?. I know the ds is real heavy but can do almost 100mph with ease.400 is a little more adjile. Any input would be great

Ive ridden both, the 400 was an '06 tho. the 650 puts a hurting on the 400 even on the trails. I’d prefer the 650 except the only downside is that it doesn’t have reverse.

who makes the ds? Ive never heard of one of those.

If somebody wants to trade you something thats supposedly better than what you have you know something is wrong with it.

And no reverse sucks bad on trails.

Can am I think makes the ds

Yes can am makes it… and my 400ex doesn’t have reverse either. They started making reverse in 05… and the reason for him wanting to trade is because his girlfriend can’t handle the ds because its too heavy.

DS will be faster but its more of a dune machine because its pretty wide. I’m not saying it’s unrideable on the trails but it could be an issue depending where you ride.

Thanks guys. I think I’m going to trade. I want something bigger so the ds will work out well. Just have to pick up some front calipers. It has no front brakes

The guy is coming with the ds in the morning. I will let u guys know how it goes.

Dude came and there was a puddle of oil in th’s bed of the truck. It leaked fas out the Carb like crazy. Steering stem was loose. Needed upper ball joint. And needed the fronf calipers but that i already knew. Overall just a piece of shit. He should have been a little more honest before he drove 2 hours here. My 400 is near mint

well how much do you want for the 4hundo?

I don’t really wanna sell it. Really only wanna trade it.but If I put a price on it it would be 2gs. Just because its in great shape

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJxQpnKMgzF50beK1T3QL8BrKvCeAKAKtZFHCGvdKsc7GhMEQ6103moSFc

400 all day every day.

Yeah I’m pretty sure im going to keep my Honda. It runs awesome. And handles amazing. Need to pick up some new rear tires, I had some fun on the ice this winter and toasted what tread I had left on my razors. I think I’m going to try to find some nice used ones tho. I don’t feel like dropping 250 on 2 rear tires again.

Well as I thought I was going to keep the ex I traded it today. I got a cannandale cannable 440. Mint like mine but faster. Aluminum frame, fuel injection, liquid cooled, new holeshots on the rear. Really a nice bike. Already miss the 400 tho. Wish my phone would let me post pics on here.

Ended up trading that cannondale 440 for 2 mint 350 warriors, an 02 and a 04. One for me and one fpr my wife. Both turds but better having someone to ride with.

Cannondales are sick, shouldn’t have let it go!

YeHudi I known it was awesome but I take my kids for rides and the cannondale didnt like to go slow.