Audi/VW 1.8T people join me......

I really dont feel like signing up for another forum. Im on too many to count. So ill ask this here…

What is the best chip option for the VW 1.8T? Nothing TOO crazy, but give it a nice kick in the ass. This is going to be my DD while I beat on the Jeep, but I wouldnt mind a little more go juice.

I really like the unitronic chips. I have one in my TDI and Ive driven a few 1.8t I feel there a little more aggressive then say a GIAC chip

Don’t have one but iv heard the same.

Unitronic chips seem to be the way to go, talk to EuroTrsh (Dan) on here, he helped set up the last group buy on it, might want to go over to VWvortex as well and look around

if you just want daily fun go with uni. If you want to get fancy go with Tapp.

Looking at the Unitronic chips, they have the 215hp chip for 550, and then the 228hp for 600, but youre required to run different injectors.

A 45 HP jump is going to be a HUGE difference. As stated bout being a DD, I dont want some loud rediculous exhaust on it, even though more flow will def help me out.

Someone on MBWorld mentioned about a metal diverter valve as well

go to the audi dealer, buy a 2001 audi TT diverter valve, and score their stg1 chip. You’ll be good to go.

EDIT: This one:
http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/product_info.php?info=OEM_VAG_06A145710N_Diverter_Valve_710N_OEM&products_id=985

Ask Jason at BlackForest about the Hyperboost DV, that’s what I bought for my 1.8T and I love it.

Also, a high flow cat wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

make a timingbelt/waterpump priority #1 if you’re anywhere near 70k.

For my daily I just have stage 1+, when the group buy happened I slide in at the last minute. and on the spot they changed the program for me. as i needed EGR delete.

they are awesome to deal with, huge plus in my book :slight_smile:

I think for a daily stage 1 is fine.

Biggest thing im running into right now is finding out what the octane ratings are in Anchorage. If they are 93, then I should be fine, cause down here in SA they are 93. But if they are 91 up there, then I have to get a dual octane chip, and its going to cost 150 more

People are still modding 1.8t’s?

Considering I just bought this, and want a lil more power out of it… Id say yes. the 350 has been around decades longer and people are still modding those :wink:

And Alaska has 90 Octane WTF??

the 1.8t is just becoming a contender last year and even moreso this year in SFWD.

Chevy 350 is queer as well, i would never waste my time on one of those either.

GIAC is more aggressive then apr/speedtuning/etc but alot cheaper than uni… check out giacusa.com