audi

im going to look at a 2002 Audi A4 3.0 6spd Quattro in a week or two out at my cousins and im wondering if there is any problems that i should look for on it that are kinda constistant with them

How much are they asking? How many miles?

Tell you the truth, you would be better off buying my Jetta which is close to the same thing for a lot less money.

as far as maintaining, i’d try to go with a 1.8t… the v6 is nice and all, but much more pricey… id ont knwo if you care about aftermarket or whatever, but the 1.8t has much more support…

audi’s are nice cars… built nice… require maintenance that is expensive and if you do it yourself, parts are pricey too.

as far as what ‘goes’… nothing really… typical shit goes wrong, but i would just watch the tranny if it’s an auto, or the diffs (mainly rear mounts) if it’s a stick… other than that… vw’s and audi’s are electrical nightmeres… enjoy!

I know someone selling a beautiful silver Jetta w aftermarkets!

x111ty BILLION if something goes whack!

How many miles? Look for oil leaks at the rear of the valvecovers ($ to fix) and check the condition of the front suspension arms/ balljoints. Other than that normal maintainance stuff like timing belt. T- belt jobs on those are $ 'cause you have to remove the front end.

Is it an Audi Assured (CPO) car? I had an 02’ 3.0L A4 for about a year. It was a nice car. The stock suspension was a bit better than the stock suspension my 01.5’ S4. There were coilpack issues with both the 3.0 and 1.8T but they should have been resolved under the recall.

The best resource for Audi info is AudiWorld. Here’s a link to the B6 A6 forum. http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/ Do a search of the archives and I’m sure you will find some useful information.

the fastest way to get talked out of buying a VW is to talk to a VW owner :kekegay:

1.8t isn’t on the same planet as the new v®6