Audio drivers vanished

So for some reason my laptop decided to get rid of my audio drivers…

A) how do i fix

b) why did it happen

try restoring to a previous date. Hard to say…everything is onboard the MB.

This happened to me also 2 nights ago.

I determined it was because of a windows update that was run. I rolled back to a week earlier

Yeah could be a windows update that was recently released. We have been getting a lot of calls with people getting errors about relocated DLLs. The only thing we can determine is the update

microsoft sucks

aren’t you guys my vendor? blah blah…no lady microsoft messed up your computer, call them and whine

:tup: system restore fixed er up

megahurtz got stoled, reboot

either that or just find your driver/restore cd and get the drivers and reinstall from there, otherwise download the drivers from OEM website

Yeah, I wouldn’t rollback the update, because windows update is still going to push it back down.

Go download the driver and reinstall.

hopefully by then microsoft will have fixed the problem… with another update. :slight_smile:

The audio driver on DELL’s website doesn’t/didn’t work. I guess I’ll try to find the OEM CD

Boot up in safe mode and make sure there are no ghost drivers in device manager (ones that don’t show up in normal boot, but do in safe mode). Remove any you find, reboot, reinstall drivers in normal mode.