PC Help ... Again

What the fuck? … Not my laptop will NOT play volume at all. I made sure it wasn’t muted out … I re-started it. Im lost. If I mouse over the speaker icon while playing a video or what not, and the “volume meter” moves … but I dont hear shit. Help …

your joking?

mine been doing it all day! weird shit

right click on speaker on taskbar and un mute it. dont left click wont fix it

No im joking at all. If I right click on the speaker icon on the task bar, I dont have a mute/un-mute button. I do have a mute/un-mute button up on my keyboard though, and its un-muted

did you virus scan today? i didnt yet.

No, no virus scan today. I noticed that when I got home from work and started up, that I didn’t get the normal “start-up sound” but I didn’t think anything of it until I tryed to watch a video just now, and I have nothing

do you get this
this one helped me
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/5765763445.bmp

or this

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/000000000000007867845744.bmp

No … not that I can find. I have Vista …

Ok I just did a full shutdown/re-start. Still nothing … Im going to throw this mother fucker off of a wall soon.

Audio Codec Fail?

wheres noahpurddy lips at?

mine did that a few weeks ago. I thought something was all fucked up. I muted it and then unmuted it and I started hearing music again. I think it got a little confused.

No clue …
Yeah Noah … Where the hell are you at?

I wish mine would fix itself that easy … No clue what happened. It worked fine yesterday

those 2 i posted. 1 would mute, then the other unmute. vice versa.

So which one of these i posted is the Master audio control for xp?
now im confused.

Never happend until today.

I would just throw it off a wall. :smiley:
Is there an updated sound card driver from the website?

try removing the sound card from device manager, reboot, reinstall the drivers.

Ok,
If I go under my Device Manager, and expand Sound/video & game controllers, It says Conexant HD Audio working properly …

Thats a lying son of a bitch … cause my shit aint working!!!

use the keyboard :slight_smile:

Im totally lost … I have tryed everything that I can think of. Where the hell is Noah & fshowcars when you need them

noah is chasing the other freshman ladys around rmu.
fshowcars is at a chippendales benefit show

:rofl: :rofl:

Ok I uninstalled my sound driver … but … now how in the hell do I get it back? …

right click the top line in device manager and click the option. It should be something like rescan for hardware changes or some shit. If the card is working properly and not busted, windows should see the hardware and prompt you to install drivers.

Ok … Found it. Re-installed it … but still nothing. I did NOT re-boot the computer after I un-installed though. Should I uninstall again … reboot … then reinstall and see if that helps?

It can’t hurt