Audio Wiring....

I was trying to hook up a jvc cd deck in my friend’s s14 and he took the cheap way out didn’t buy the harness so we cut the manufacture harness and used install dr but got no results… Does any1 know what each wire color is for…

ok so on the mating clip the wire colors from left to right are

pink, white, (gap) red/blue, double blue(2 blue in one spot) 1st row

blue, black, green/white, pink/blue, red/yellow, grey 2nd row

thanks for all your help

Constant 12V+: Red/Black
Switched 12V+: Blue
Ground: Chassis
Illumination: Red/Blue
Dimmer: Red/Yellow
Antenna Trigger: Black/Red
Antenna Left Rear

Front Speakers 4" x 6" Doors
Left Front (+): Blue/White
Left Front (-): Blue/Yellow
Right Front (+): Brown
Right Front (-): Brown/White

Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+): Red
Left Rear (-): Green
Right Rear (+): Blue
Right Rear (-): Pink

just probe around its easy to figue out

i’ll go try it now i’ll tell u guys if it works

actually theirs one problem theirs no red/black wire? and theirs 3 blues in the original harness

not really the original deck lit up… but didnt power on… so i have to find out exactly what the problem is

There is a reason they make a wiring harness… You need to make sure you have switched power and constant power in the correct configuration. JVC list’s what each wire is for, most do it on the deck themselves, if not… google. Then use the 240 wiring chart to match them. If this is too much of a problem post your model number. There are alot of useless wires for ACC and extensions like cd changers and such. That is one of your blue wires, the other blue/white is your remote line. If you have the instructions that came with the deck, now is a good time to use them! They tell you the job of each wire then compare that to your 240 diagram.