Aurora V8's

Does anyone know anything about the 4.0 liter DOHC V8 in the 01-03 Oldsmobile auroras, i was looking at them, since i love V8 muscle and its a rahter contemperarty car. Are they good engines? flaws? big GM fuck up? Hidden gem. Im very interested if anyone knows anything about these cars.

It’s definitely not V8 muscle if that’s what you’re looking for. They’re moderately quick and I haven’t heard any big problems with that engine…

But I have heard they’re hard to work on

yeah, they are a pain in the dick to work on, gm certified techs want nothing to do with them if they can get away with it

that doesnt sound promising at all

They’re not bad motors, just a bit expensive and difficult to work on. Its essentially a smaller version of the Northstar V8

you look at more cars to purchase than anyone…ever.

<------Can’t wait to see what you pick for next week!!

i know i look at a ton, i look at 10 times more than i post, i only ask about the ones i dont really know about.

my ex had one, 2001 i believe, you honestly cant reach your hand down the sides or the firewall, pita to work on, and she only had it for a half year or so, low mileage, and oil pump, water pump, and a few other things went.

id never buy one. theyre not that fast either