2009's Best Engines

:booty:

imagine that… a thread about car engines on a car website gets no hits…

* Audi AG: 2.0L TFSI turbocharged DOHC I-4 (A4 Avant)
* BMW AG: 3.0L turbocharged DOHC I-6 (135i Coupe)
* BMW AG: 3.0L DOHC I-6 Turbodiesel (335d)
* Chrysler LLC: 5.7L Hemi OHV V-8 (Dodge Ram/Challenger R/T)
* Ford Motor Co.: 2.5L DOHC I-4 HEV (Escape Hybrid)
* General Motors Corp.: 3.6L DOHC V-6 (Cadillac CTS)
* Honda Motor Co. Ltd.: 3.5L SOHC V-6 (Accord Coupe)
* Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.: 4.6L DOHC V-8 (Genesis)
* Toyota Motor Corp.: 3.5L DOHC V-6 (Lexus IS 350)
* Volkswagen AG: 2.0L SOHC I-4 Turbodiesel (Jetta TDI)

Interesting the 3.6 GM motor made it and not any of the v-8’s. I test drove a G8 GT and a V-6 and I loved the v-8…to make that power and to be almost as fuel efficient as the v-6 is bada ss.

the cts motor while powerfull is a lil noisey for a engine. then again so are most audi motors

I’ve driven a CTS with the 3.6 in it, very peppy little car.

When I drove the v-6 base G8 I thought it was very noisy…and for an extra grand or two it is a no brainer to get the v-8 anyways considering the mpg it gets

that CTS motor that is on the list is prbably reffering to the new CTS…the direct injection 304hp one…not the base model 263hp one. the old CTS has the 2.8L v6 with 210hp , and the 3.6L V6 with 255hp i think the old sport 3.6L is the base model engine in the new CTS. my wifes SRX has the 255hp 3.6L V6…its very peepy in the SRX

I am surprised the Nissan 3.5 isn’t on the list.

not sure about the G8, but the decision when we got my wifes SRX, was this… the difference between them wasn’t that much 0-60, most of the noticeable power was highway passing speed. millage wasn’t that much of a difference so that didn’t matter. BUT…the V8 required premium fuel & the V6 did not…thats a big deal IMO. also there is a big difference in 17" tires & 18 tires… $50+ each or more. The big thing was we got a ridiculous deal on the one we got…if I had found a deal on a V8 i probably would have take it too…but if both were sitting in front of me with good deals it would have been a tough decision.

yeah…i like that motor

I see…good point. Still would like to see a GM v-8 on the list though.

I would think (could be wrong) it had to be a “new” motor for 09 not a cary over of the same. Like the new 3.6 like stated above…but that 3.5 is sweet. My bother test drove a Maxima and loved it.

The G8 Gt takes regular unleaded. The GT get to 60 in 5.0 and the v-6 is 7.0. For the tires I don’t weigh too much of a factor on that…I will pay extra b/c I really like the looks of the 19’s. I saw you can get a GT for roughly $25K now with all the incentives…which is crazy good for what you get for the $. So for only $2K more I woul love to get the GT and get a awesome motor and better looking wheels. I do think the v-6 is nice…they look pretty much the same as the GT and the motor is decent…but motor is a huge factor for me.

i completely understand…
plus were talking crossover wagon vs. sports sedan…so thats a big difference IMO…i’d prefer the V8 if i was getting a G8

I wouldn’t mind getting into a G8 Manual when the time comes. The price is definitely right on these things.

what a stupid list.

Id love to get the G8 GXP 6-Speed …

x2

why is the list stupid?

the 135i has the same motor that has been in the 335i for the last two years… so maybe new model year cars? i don’t know…

as much gas as it does suck down i do love the hemi from chrysler

the ****in new hemi gets 20mpg and has 390 hp mine has 345 and gets about 10 city… prob like 14 maybe 15 hw. thast freakin amazing. the engine the 335d BMW sounds sweet 37mpg hw in a nice pimp ass family sedan. id rock it.

ls2 is old and not new. but still a kick ass motor and if they made them in 6 spd’s it would be sittin in my garage right now. i see 08’s with about 16k on them for about 18 g’s thats pimp adn money left over for jj’s to put a t56 in it :slight_smile:

^^^ 6 Speed should be coming in the G8’s this year i thought?

They are in the G8 GXP version

me too, it made the list for over 10 years.